Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thumbs down [Help] Microsoft Word 'Selection is locked'.

Urm,

Ok, so I opened up microsoft word today - I usually use it 2/3 times a week and I've had no problems with it before. However, today I went onto word..opened a document/tried to make a new document and I cannot do anything - it won't let me type, paste or edit the document.

What happens is, a message is displayed at the bottom which says "This modification is not allowed because the section is locked". So I searched this online, tried 1000 methods and none have worked - also, on the 'main menu bar' the only thing I can do is open, close or print. Here's a picture;

Right, so I tried a billion methods which didn't work and I thought I had fixed it when I edited the properties. I gave every user 'full control' over the documents and it simply hasn't worked! Here's a small picture;

(Yes I did set full access for all users, not just the user 'Everyone').

I have restarted my computer, it is NOT a trial version of word - I've had it for over 3 years now without fully activating it, and it told me I don't need to and it's just to improve customer experience.

Oh, and I did click 'apply' before clicking 'ok'.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
    /

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm afraid you're gonna have to activate it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzervaldez View Post
    (Yes I did set full access for all users, not just the user 'Everyone').
    You need to activate it.

Also the Everyone group means just that, everyone. It isn't a user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8