HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The community killed Habbo.

Debate all you want but you have to come to terms with my side of the story.

Back in let's say 07' I could go around the hotel and meet people and have casual chats about things we both both agree on, or disagree and have a friendly discussion about it, now all I see is idiot 13 year olds ruining the once golden community with hurtful comments towards others and just plain racisim against each other, you all use rape as a joke, you all think it's funny to bully kids on the internet, It's unacceptable. when somebody wants to actually make a change or bring up a decent talking point you get you lot trying to troll them out of no other reason, not because you disagree or agree with their stance on something, you just do it because you think your internet friends will find it funny, the community slowly died over the years and now it's on its last breath, oh and also if your account was made in 2011+ and you're complaining about wanting old accounts deleted so you can horde the names to look cool or sell, you're pathetic.

Sulake didn't kill Habbo, You did.

('you' means community)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Cool.

And where would Habbo be today without the community?

Closed.

Tokens
    Habbo
    2bonic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasCool View Post
    Debate all you want but you have to come to terms with my side of the story.

Back in let's say 07' I could go around the hotel and meet people and have casual chats about things we both both agree on, or disagree and have a friendly discussion about it, now all I see is idiot 13 year olds ruining the once golden community with hurtful comments towards others and just plain racisim against each other, you all use rape as a joke, you all think it's funny to bully kids on the internet, It's unacceptable. when somebody wants to actually make a change or bring up a decent talking point you get you lot trying to troll them out of no other reason, not because you disagree or agree with their stance on something, you just do it because you think your internet friends will find it funny, the community slowly died over the years and now it's on its last breath, oh and also if your account was made in 2011+ and you're complaining about wanting old accounts deleted so you can horde the names to look cool or sell, you're pathetic.

Sulake didn't kill Habbo, You did.

('you' means community)

I completely agree with you, the old habbo players like over 20+ now were the best players on habbo. there seems to be more trolling kids than there used to be or teens should i say. Adults obviously haven't tried parenting them properly. It's a real shame
    Last edited by 2bonic; 05-06-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: edits

Tokens

I think we need to be conscious of the fact that many people who used to play Habbo have grown up and now regard the people who recently joined Habbo as immature, when really they are exactly like we used to be.

However, I do agree that the amount of trolls has also gone up. There are many people who like to be offensive and stir up controversy just for the "fun of it". I tend to avoid these types as they don't run in my circle of friends, however it's become increasingly hard to avoid them. They are taking over the hotel for sure.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

All the bad stuff has always been around, bullying is not something new
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

I think its very much a case of a little from column A, a little from column B. It is a combination of things, rather specifically one.

Sulake and Habbo just don't do as much with the community anymore, so the community has become pretty segregated, and the Habbo users themselves are (for the most part) a bunch of moaners who just sit around 18+ rooms all day, not doing anything to make Habbo a better place.

Moaning isn't a new thing. I've been researching Old Habbo a lot recently, trying to piece together information about the Public Rooms and bots. Whilst researching archived Habbox Forum posts, I've found a lot of threads from 2005 - 2007, called the "golden years" by some, where threads are titled "Habbo has got boring now", "they're ruining Habbo with these updates", etc.

The main difference is when you check the Habbo homepage, via the wayback machine, from 2003/ 2004, just check HabboHood Happenings or the latest news letters, and soooooooooo much used to be going on.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kuybii

I think the biggest difference is primarily because you're older. You found it fun being someone's Joey in a mafia, discovering the gains of furni, creating rooms for the first time, having people in your room for the first time, discovering new games, becoming rich/e-popular. Now we have done it all now so trying to find these new things you crave just won't be there anymore. The realisation of growing older with a game which was designed for younger teens. Personally I don't think habbo ever saw or planned appropriately that adults would genuinely play habbo daily as much as they did when they were teens. I don't have any ideas on how to rejuvenate the adult community for habbo but that's my diagnosis though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

Who the hell cares it's 2014 not 2001 go build a ******* time machine or something. Everyone needs to chill, accept what habbo is today and move on with their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Daltron View Post
    Who the hell cares it's 2014 not 2001 go build a ******* time machine or something. Everyone needs to chill, accept what habbo is today and move on with their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You obviously don't comprehend what the actual conversation is about.

- - - Updated - - -

To the people who joined 2011+ I don't want your opinion in this because you can't compare one side and the other without knowing the full facts.

The abridged version:

Community has become a scene of immature, pathetic, useless trolls who think they are popular on an internet game for kids.

Back in the day we also had these problems but they were not as bad as today.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

I must say that I do somewhat agree with the OP (although not entirely). I understand what the OP is saying. The community is fundamentally different. It seems a bit "darker" than it used to be.

Back in the old days, there were programs in place for Habbos to strive to be a part of. These were the Hobba and Habbo X programs.

Regardless of your personal opinion of these programs, these programs provided an incentive for Habbos to be kind, respectful, and promote personal and Habbo/internet safety and fun. If you were kind enough, helpful enough, and persistent enough, you had a (small) chance of being selected as "one of the chosen" ones to set an example for other Habbos. The MODs were also visible in the rooms, they were MOD-Moosemaster or MOD-Calamity. No matter their name, they had a presence that was very real in the community, often visiting and promoting help desks, fan site events, etc.

Now, with the absence of these programs, there is no real incentive to be polite or helpful. The Habbos that start arguments and bully (the ones that were once defended against by Hobbas and somewhat Habbo Xs) are now free to do so without consequence, and the "cool" thing to do is to join in. The ones that were once banned or muted for being rude are now praised as being "funny". Some are probably doing it out of fear ("If I help the bullies make fun of others, maybe they will think I'm cool and not bully me") and some are probably unaware that the words that they say are offensive or hurtful.

Bring back the Hobbas!
    Last edited by Drewar; 05-06-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast