HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Default Politician expelled from Ukip for racist comments hits back at her critics

Politician expelled from Ukip for ***** comments hits back at her critics by saying she once visited the Caribbean and found it 'okay'

Rozanne Duncan was recorded telling a Ukip press officer she had 'a problem' with black people

A local politician expelled from Ukip for saying she didn’t like people with “negroid” features has hit back at her critics by revealing that she once went on holiday to the Caribbean.

Rozanne Duncan was expelled from Ukip after telling a camera crew shooting a documentary that she had "a problem" with black people.

Ms Duncan called the LBC radio station during a discussion about the documentary in which she featured, Meet the Ukippers.

After being questioned about her alleged racial prejudice, she said she had onced visited the Caribbean and that the visit had been “okay”.

Having described her normal reaction to an encounter with someone of a different ethnicity as “I just don’t want to look”, she said she had not had similar problems during her visit to the islands because “it’s their country”.

“I went sailing in the Caribbean, for instance. It was okay … If you go to another country you should adopt their ethos, shall we say,” she explained. “So for instance if you got to France you’d expect to hear French spoken, for instance, and you’d expect to see snails on the menu whether you like them or not. The same way you go anywhere.”
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10064359.html

Just another bad apple, I guess!
    Thoughts?
    That's when Ron vanished, came back speaking Spanish
    Lavish habits, two rings, twenty carats

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

What an idiot, glad the party acted months ago to expel her immediately.

In the interests of fairness though.....

Also in the news this week -

Conservative MP Sir Malcolm Rifkind to resign over Cash for Access scandal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...arliament.html

Labour MP and former Foreign Secretary Jack Straw suspended from the Labour Party over Cash for Access scandal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31589202

Labour councillor claims Vladimir Putin is being advised by ALIENS

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/23/vladim...illor-5075567/

Labour councillor resigns from party after claiming too many benefits

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/T...ail/story.html

Conservative MP claims NHS should use ASTROLOGY in healthcare treatment

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...vid-tredinnick

Liberal Democrat councillor whose house was used for 12-hour sex parties is to become Lord Mayor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ord-Mayor.html

Tower Hamlets Mayor accuses Labour Party of institutional racism

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-10065171.html
    Just more fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists I guess!
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 25-02-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    What an idiot, glad the party acted months ago to expel her immediately.

In the interests of fairness though.....

Also in the news this week -
    Well they couldn't exactly keep her in the party even if they wanted to unless they wanted UKIP to receive even more bad press! She's running as an independent now, good luck with that to her lmao

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Well they couldn't exactly keep her in the party even if they wanted to unless they wanted UKIP to receive even more bad press! She's running as an independent now, good luck with that to her lmao
    She was apparently thrown out without a right of appeal months ago when they learnt of what she had said.

I'd like to know what is taking Labour so long to find out why its MPs and councillors in Rotherham covered up the abuse of 1,300+ children. Big issue that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

She was apparently thrown out without a right of appeal months ago when they learnt of what she had said.

I'd like to know what is taking Labour so long to find out why its MPs and councillors in Rotherham covered up the abuse of 1,300+ children. Big issue that.
    It's hard to imagine she hadn't already expressed extreme opinions in front of other UKIP members since she felt they were appropriate to be shared in front of cameras. Let's be honest here, throwing her out in December was nothing more than covering their own backs.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

It's hard to imagine she hadn't already expressed extreme opinions in front of other UKIP members since she felt they were appropriate to be shared in front of cameras. Let's be honest here, throwing her out in December was nothing more than covering their own backs.
    I don't know what she's said before and nor do you. A lot of people say bad things in private, we're not all perfect PC beings when with friends y'know. I often make racist/gay/lesbian/disabled jokes/banter which, if put into a national newspaper, I would come across as the Devil himself. I know that's not the same as what she's said where she seems to believe in a weird serious way what she's saying but hey ho a lot of people from her generation are like that.

The problem is that if you're going to be involved in public office you have to keep your trap shut at all times because it's going to be used against you. In her case she's clearly not suitable for public office and did make appalling statements and it's right she's exposed and expelled for it. That's all.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 25-02-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

I don't know what she's said before and nor do you. A lot of people say bad things in private, we're not all perfect PC beings when with friends y'know. I often make racist/gay/lesbian/disabled jokes/banter which, if put into a national newspaper, I would come across as the Devil himself. I know that's not the same as what she's said where she seems to believe in a weird serious way what she's saying but hey ho a lot of people from her generation are like that.

The problem is that if you're going to be involved in public office you have to keep your trap shut at all times because it's going to be used against you.
    It's a fair assumption to make, and are you really comparing somebody saying in a serious manner "I don't like people with negroid features" to a racist joke?

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

It's a fair assumption to make, and are you really comparing somebody saying in a serious manner "I don't like people with negroid features" to a racist joke?
    No but I am saying how generally with what people say in private vs public it's a lot different. If everything you and I said in private with our friends was put into the public domain and we were people of some measure of fame/holders of public office, then there would be a **** storm guaranteed 100%.

She's obviously way overstepped the line but then again maybe that's how her friends talk/think and she doesn't see anything wrong with it. It's like how out of touch politicians from London laugh at council houses with England flags outside: whilst I disagree obviously with that sneering attitude as I do with this woman's racist outburst, they're from such a different background that they can't see that it's wrong what they've said. And it's the same here I would guess.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 25-02-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    djclune

Latest Awards:

No but I am saying how generally with what people say in private vs public it's a lot different. If everything you and I said in private with our friends was put into the public domain and we were people of some measure of fame/holders of public office, then there would be a **** storm guaranteed 100%.

She's obviously way overstepped the line but then again maybe that's how her friends talk/think and she doesn't see anything wrong with it. It's like how out of touch politicians from London laugh at council houses with England flags outside: whilst I disagree obviously with that sneering attitude as I do with this woman's racist outburst, they're from such a different background that they can't see that it's wrong what they've said. And it's the same here I would guess.
    Erm I don't know what you say in the comfort of your own home but I don't make comments similar to the ones she made publicly.

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Erm I don't know what you say in the comfort of your own home but I don't make comments similar to the ones she made publicly.
    Not saying comments on this level but then again we're a different generation, we have different friends and we live in different areas. I'm not trying to justify or defend what she said, just I am saying that the explanation for why she seemingly doesn't see anything wrong with what she's saying (I saw the interview and she says it as though it's a completely normal thing to say between friends) may have something to do with her social group as well as the fact she's a 60-something woman who probably lives in a small village in Kent.

You haven't got to agree with a viewpoint or worldview to understand how some people may have arrived to that view. Again, that doesn't justify it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast