HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Whatever happened to VIP?

Correct me if I'm wrong - but when I first joined in 2006, you could buy VIP. Then it became Donator.
    Now, I have to post ungodly amounts to earn enough tokens to afford VIP. Why can't I use cash to buy VIP?

Make a Donator VIP. Have a fancy coloured name (I want grey and redlettering)
    Luke

and charge 5x as much. I will buy it.

More money for you. More happier me

Thank you
    Last edited by Luke; 05-05-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It was changed because it was against Habbo's Fansite Rules to sell extra benefits for monetary gain or something along the lines of that. This rule has now been relaxed and now we sell VIP that way for special events.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Surely a user bar and a different colour username was extra benefits?

If the rules been relaxed, why can't we reintroduce cash payments as an alternative? I don't play Habbo, so don't really participate in competitions and I only really use the Tech section so I'll be 50 years old before there's enough threads in there for me to post on to gain enough tokens

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Surely a user bar and a different colour username was extra benefits?

If the rules been relaxed, why can't we reintroduce cash payments as an alternative? I don't play Habbo, so don't really participate in competitions and I only really use the Tech section so I'll be 50 years old before there's enough threads in there for me to post on to gain enough tokens
    Yeah but extra features were added to VIP for them to be allowed to sell donator. I wasn't around at the time so @xxMATTGxx; will probably give you the best answer here.

As I said, we do sell VIP at different points through they year, some will be on sale for periods throughout the summer.

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

"Recognition" (as in a special name and userbar) was deemed not to violate the rules, whereas tangible benefits (more PMs, seeing who repped you, etc.) was out-of-bounds. Thus VIP and Donator were split. At least that's why they were originally, if Habbo now allows those additional features then I dunno.
    Last edited by nvrspk4; 06-05-2015 at 04:36 AM.
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I'm far too tired to reply properly at the moment. I'll come back to this later.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

From what we can gather Sulake/Habbo don't seem to be that bothered by the whole VIP situation anymore - Then again, saying that they will probably read this and email everyone a long email like last time. We then decided we would keep donator and sell that throughout the year but then release VIP on special occasions. Such as Christmas Charity VIP and we have also released a number of Limited Edition VIPs as well that isn't at Christmas.

We also keep VIP as a prize in a number of our events/competitions.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Tokens
    Habbo
    welldonemate

Latest Awards:

Can I have VIP?
    (H)

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

Yeah, wait for it to be released again. Or go to the Donator thread where people buy and sell VIP/Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    Can I have VIP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast