Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

Default Do you buy or like Used Books?

I bought many books at my Library's Used Book Store. Hardcover is $1.00 while paperback is $0.25. Their condition has been great for me. Even on Amazon.com I bought some used books that had a few worn damages but nothing serious.

Do you like or buy used books?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If it's a book I know I'll really cherish, then I'll buy it new. My favourite author is Haruki Murakami, so I buy all of his books new. But if it's a book I'm just eager to read but am otherwise not very fussed about, I'll pick up a used copy. I'm usually still able to find a really good copy on the Amazon marketplace.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If they're a decent condition then absolutely, I think it's cute that more people can enjoy the same story and probably imagine it all in very different ways plus you can get books ridic cheap (like about £3 inc. p&p on Amazon) instead of paying £20 lmao
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Yes definitely! Unless it’s in really bad condition I’d much rather buy it at $2 instead of $30-40 brand new in shops!

Theres only a couple I would buy brand new, collectors type ones. Otherwise if I can’t find a cheap version or it’s not under $15 on bookdepository then I usually cough obtain the ebook off the internet

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

I would buy any book used - i'm the same as Tom, it feels nicer for me if multiple people have gone through the same book, just looks special.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah I don't mind buying used books! I have this set of Jacqueline Wilson ones (I know she's a bit young for me, but I'm talking about the more teenage ones) and I had no idea there were more books to the set - one I managed to get new (wanted them all in paperback, had to wait so long to get that) and then the other I got really cheap on eBay or Amazon as it was older! Just got the newest one in the set, but as it was more of a seasonal standalone book I decided to just buy it in hardback - new was surprisingly cheap to say it was only just released (think it was £6).

I prefer books than Kindles or anything like that, I like being able to really get into the story and if a book is used then at least the pages will be bent and a bit rough so I won't feel bad about opening it (as opposed to opening a new, mint book) .

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

I don't really have a good history with used books. Bought 3 books, all 3 had missing pages and just in bad condition. So i do try to get my books always new.
    (love):S

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I'd rather to buy used comic books, but didn't put a lot of thought in that decision, to be honest! The only booksI bought from the used book store were a box with the complete collection of the first PT editions of Harry Potter, but they didn't seem used at all, just a bit old maybe?