HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Inspiration

Latest Awards:

Question Needs to change!

I Wasn't sure where to post this but I'd appreciate staff feedback (Not only habboxlive staff)

OK Well I was speaking to a few members & Listeners and we all agree the standard of DJ's needs to improve.
    I Believe It comes down to the application process in which DJ's are either rejected or get a 2week trial based on their application. In my personal opinion it needs to change back to what other fansites do. I know it will make more work for Habboxlive management & Head DJ's but I believe the listener base will improve as a result.
    And also the average listener time although It's on the increase will go up as well.

I'm not trying to criticize Jess or any Management in this post but I Can't see how you can base an application only on a voice-clip as DJ'ing is both about having a confident voice but more importantly about using Sam Broadcaster. I'm not saying I'm a perfect DJ who doesn't make mistakes but the quality of some DJ's is frankly disappointing at the minute.

So what I'm getting at is that Habboxlive Management need to base their decision whether to pass an applicant on both their application (Voice-clip) And their ability to use Sam Broadcaster (10min trial). If this is done the quality of DJ's on habboxlive will improve and listeners will appreciate it. This needs to be done sooner rather than later as the quality of some DJ's are giving habbox are bad name.

Justin
    Last Mattalicious//Last some noob//IF YOU REP ME LEAVE YOUR NAME

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

There are sometimes trials on a trial server where people can trial on there so we actually hear what they are like on air, we could possibly say if we got 40 applications we choose the best 10 (depending on how many staff we need at the time) then give them a 10 minute trial on a seperate server, maybe?

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,LexiiLu

Latest Awards:

We actually do trials now, but it's impossible to trial everyone. I know you say this would help us loads and everything and we've heard it from many others before you but it's a lot of work. It takes a lot of time and effort on radio managements' part, especially jess because she usually listens to EVERYONE, but we definitely can't trial 40 applicants on the radio. maybe best 10 or even 20 but certainly not all of them. i know jess has been trialing possible dj's more recently and it's been helping but you can't exactly put limits on how 'good' a dj is or any type of 'expectations' really. everyone is different. thank you for your ideas though, they are appreciated
    hi my name is lexi
    i'm living this crazy beautiful life.*

Tokens
    Habbo
    Inspiration

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOYES View Post
    There are sometimes trials on a trial server where people can trial on there so we actually hear what they are like on air, we could possibly say if we got 40 applications we choose the best 10 (depending on how many staff we need at the time) then give them a 10 minute trial on a seperate server, maybe?
    Yeh It's basically what I'm saying. Anyone who Management feel are good enough for a 2week trial should have a quick 10min trial on a trial server to test their DJ'ing abilities.
    Last Mattalicious//Last some noob//IF YOU REP ME LEAVE YOUR NAME

Tokens

Latest Awards:

To be honest and I really don't want to offend any DJs here - DJing on a Habbo fansite is not a skill that's gifted to people, I think that 80% of people could probably DJ successfully however they will not be able to do this without support and feedback helping them become a better DJ.

Over the past month HabboxLive has increased the amount of feedback sent to staff and I believe that over 60% of HxL DJs recieved detailed feedback PMs about their work. I personally believe the standard of HabboxLive DJs has improved and the listener rise reflects this, I think hiring people based upon whether they have a good voice for DJing is a good idea as anybody can learn to use SAM broadcaster and anybody can improve their use of SAM with the correct help.

Jess will happily do trials on a test server if she needs good DJs fast however I think giving people the opportunity to DJ for 2 weeks is a much more accurate representation of whether they are good staff or not, for instance say a trialist goes on air for the first time and their show is absolutely dire, they've clearly never used SAM before and have no idea - they are sent feedback from Management and Senior DJs support them on MSN - at the end of the 2 week trial there has been a clear improvement in their DJing - these are the sort of people we want on our teams, those capable of listening to feedback and improving. Jess has been involved in HxL longer than any other person at Habbox and Jess has been responsible for hiring some of the best DJs this site has ever seen, Jess is also bloody good at getting rid of staff that aren't up to her standards however she's also fair in the process.

I don't personally think anything needs changing, the trialists I've heard over the past month have been quite good and those that haven't been so good have recieved PMs immediately and I know a couple that have improved dramatically since their first show. Everybody deserves a chance, someone may have the potential to be a very good DJ yet have not used SAM before therefore their 10 minute trial could be bad and they could be turned down, when really this wouldn't be an accurate represenation of their potential.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

I sort of see what you mean but this is how it is - We hear how they sound and if they have a "radio friendly" sort of voice. If they sound good then they get a trial, whether they are the best DJ in the world or not, we give feedback and help them improve their DJing skills. It's hardly fair to write someone off from getting a trial just because they aren't the best at first. Everyone improves with a little feedback and that's what the head DJs are there for to help them improve by issuing help/advice and a feedback PM every month.
    en ta beauté gît ma mort et ma vie

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOYES View Post
    Sounds good. I think someone else brought this up a while ago and I chipped in saying a trial server could be used to take the best few applicants, but it got rejected because it would take "too much time".

However if Jess & the Head DJs are willing to devote an hour or 2 every weekend to doing this it should be fine.

I totally agree with you that some DJs aren't up to scratch. The thing that made me want to be Habbox staff was not only the fact that it was (when I was a listener) by far the best site (and still is), but the WOW factor the DJs had. They were so professional, so amazing, and I looked up to them. They were willing to help other people get started in DJing and they were like real radio presenters.

Now...I don't know, maybe it's because I know how the radio works, or whatever, but I just don't get that feeling from some of the DJs.

If, as James has said, we got (example) 50 applications. Take the best 15, trial them for 5-10 minutes each on a private server. Then put the best 6-7 on a 2 week trial.

That's what will improve the standard. You can't judge a DJ by a voice clip, you can judge their voice. It's like judging a musician on their instrument. Sure they can have an amazing, beautiful, expensive instrument, but if they don't know how to play it, they're not going to be good.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative, View Post
    Sounds good. I think someone else brought this up a while ago and I chipped in saying a trial server could be used to take the best few applicants, but it got rejected because it would take "too much time".

However if Jess & the Head DJs are willing to devote an hour or 2 every weekend to doing this it should be fine.

I totally agree with you that some DJs aren't up to scratch. The thing that made me want to be Habbox staff was not only the fact that it was (when I was a listener) by far the best site (and still is), but the WOW factor the DJs had. They were so professional, so amazing, and I looked up to them. They were willing to help other people get started in DJing and they were like real radio presenters.

Now...I don't know, maybe it's because I know how the radio works, or whatever, but I just don't get that feeling from some of the DJs.

If, as James has said, we got (example) 50 applications. Take the best 15, trial them for 5-10 minutes each on a private server. Then put the best 6-7 on a 2 week trial.

That's what will improve the standard. You can't judge a DJ by a voice clip, you can judge their voice. It's like judging a musician on their instrument. Sure they can have an amazing, beautiful, expensive instrument, but if they don't know how to play it, they're not going to be good.
    Like I said we can give them a 10 minute trial server and if they aren't the best then don't give them a trial. We've had some DJs that weren't so good before their trial and then become some of the best DJs on habboxlive based on feedback given to them!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dinasaw View Post
    Like I said we can give them a 10 minute trial server and if they aren't the best then don't give them a trial. We've had some DJs that weren't so good before their trial and then become some of the best DJs on habboxlive based on feedback given to them!
    If they're not the best, tell them how to improve for next time? I re-applied 6 TIMES before getting into HxL. If Oli wants people who will listen to feedback and take criticism, the best way of having them is having these trials, then if they fail, they can take feedback from the trial, then go away, get some experience, and come back.

Nearly every other site I know does this in one form or another, and it really helps the standard of the radio.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    sct

Latest Awards:

If someone wants to know why they didn't get accepted then they can PM Jess to get some feedback on their application that's always been the case

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast