HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Remember, remember the fifth of November

Guy Fawkes (Bonfire) Night

The House of Lords

Quote Originally Posted by History
    Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day, Bonfire Night and Firework Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5 November, primarily in Great Britain.

Its history begins with the events of 5 November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Catholic Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords for the State Opening of Parliament hoping to blow up and kill King James VI of Scotland and I of England and his Government.

Celebrating the fact that King James VI & I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London, and months later the introduction of the Observance of 5th November Act enforced an annual public day of thanksgiving for the plot's failure.

The plot was revealed to the authorities in an anonymous letter sent to William Parker, 4th Baron Monteagle, on 26 October 1605. During a search of the House of Lords cellars at about midnight on 4 November 1605, Fawkes was discovered guarding 36 barrels of gunpowder—enough to reduce the House of Lords to rubble—and arrested. Most of the conspirators fled from London as they learned of the plot's discovery, trying to enlist support along the way.

Several made a stand against the pursuing Sheriff of Worcester and his men at Holbeche House; in the ensuing battle, Catesby was one of those shot and killed. At their trial on 27 January 1606, eight of the survivors, including Fawkes, were convicted and sentenced to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

So there's the history behind the night.

Anyone doing much? We usually do fireworks and sparklers but we're not this year. I'm planning to go to the Liverpool waterfront though where there will be fireworks and displays, something like that anyway: my mate has organised it.

What about you x

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

am covering a 5-9pm shift, was hoping theyd wanna go to fireworks but don't think they do love fireworks!!

also its @Stephen; birthday say happy bday to Stephen x

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Stephen Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

happy birthday @Stephen; x

Like Stephen Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

The fireworks were naff lmao. Ended up in bars.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

ye ours weren't that gr8 n abso freezing

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yh I had family round and we had fireworks which were shit lmao swear fireworks have shittened since I was young 🤔

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

I remember the good old days of walking across the estate with my cracked glow sticks and watching a ton of rubbish burn followed by fireworks, good times.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jurv

Latest Awards:

I went to a display with my frandz. The actual park cost £7 to get in but we just watched on the outside because why would you pay for something you can already see?? Plus I'm skin too lol

I had a good night but we didn't stay out long. The fireworks just weren't worth the pain from the cold

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Went to my cousin's for a small display, my boyfriend hasn't been to one in around 8 years and he wanted to go.

I don't like fireworks much at all. We left the display for 10 minutes to get my antibiotics, we come back to find everyone with a shocked look on their face and the 7 year old family friend of theirs crying. Turns out one of the fireworks were labeled wrong, went sideways, hit my cousin in the leg, and my auntie in the face, she's alright, just very bruised. This is probably why I don't like them much .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk