HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Reporting Infractions

Why has 'Report Reputation Problems' received its own, private sub-forum and 'Report Infraction Problems' is still public? Would some people not be uncomfortable publicly reporting their infractions just like negative reputations? There are often some arguments in the thread and it creates a negative atmosphere. If it's made private, infractions and arguments would be a lot more confidential.

Thoughts?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The "Report Reputation" system was turned private as because the Moderation team recieved quite a few complaints about members targetting other members after reporting reputation problems, i.e. User X -reps user Y, user Y reports it, user X sees it, user X then continues to -rep them. It also allows a more complete explanation in private too, for instance in private you can give the name of the user.

The report infraction problems thread doesn't have that sense - our Moderation Team have nothing to hide and I think the thread is a good example of seeing justice done, it's also useful for people to get a grasp of how our systems work, for instance "i did this, why did i get infracted this is unfair" would be responded to with an answer of why the infraction was fair, if it was. It is a good learning experience for all members, the infracted and those reading it just to be nosy. I think over the years this thread has been pivotal for people learning from rule breaks - infractions aren't private anyway really, there's always a big red edit on the post
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Okay, I was just pwned. Thanks Oli

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's useful feedback Phil, but I just think it's a useful thing to keep as it is - thanks for the feedback
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I feel it should be allowed to directly PM the forum manager if you really want to keep it private.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

I'm not trying to be the negative one, I'm not sure how it works now days but you might aswell remove -rep, as much as I love it everyone gets it remove, everyone reports it and everyone gets mollycoddled.
    Last edited by Richie; 13-02-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm not trying to be the negative one, I'm not sure how it works now days but you might aswell remove -rep, as much as I love it everyone gets it remove, everyone reports it and everyone gets mollycoddled.
    Not true at all Richie.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Not true at all Richie.
    What part isn't true oli? Have things honestly changed that much? are management not overprotective anymore? Everyone reports -reps and if my memory serves correctly there were threads in the past about how management remove rep even if it isn't pointless.

Oh and the above is more of an opinion than a statement.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looking at the reported rep now, in the past week only 6 out of 14 reported have been removed. A lot of given reputation is pointless however reputation will only be removed if it breaks reputation rules.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Looking at the reported rep now, in the past week only 6 out of 14 reported have been removed. A lot of given reputation is pointless however reputation will only be removed if it breaks reputation rules.
    The rule should apply both ways. If a post has a +1 beside it even though it may be a pointless comment, surely that should be removed too as its only fair?
    ofwgktadgaf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast