HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Are Sulake out to get fansites?

Do you think Sulake are out to get Habbo Fansites?

The reason I say this is because over the past few years they have introduced several features which until then only fansites could provide, for instance discussion boards. Now, I know the Habbo discussion boards aren't the most popular however surely there must have been those sort of intentions there?

The change of the Fansite Way to stop allowing us to sell VIP, this was a ridiculous move as most fansites run off VIP proceeds and I can tell you now we certainly don't make as much on donator as we did on VIP. Was this a move to kill off fansites?

Then, the Market Place starts presenting rare values - woah woah woah, what are you going on about here? This extremely damaging for fansites when they start doing this, especially big rare values sites like Habbox.com - the question is did Sulake do this on purpose?

Then I have to pose the question, did Sulake partake in ludus' purchase of HabboForum.net - I know he kept it when he left however Sulake couldn't officially buy a fansite - that would be very bad, but could they have had involvement in this, trying to attract attention from other fansites to this new site ran by Sulake staff? Obviously that failed to attract people but still, is it a possibility?

What do you think, are Sulake out to get fansites?
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

I am not sure they are out to get 'fansites' but they definitely don't seem to care about them anymore. I think the rot set in when they banned them from allowing VIP. I think they were under the illusion that the fansites were making lots of money from the 'Habbo' name instead of just trying to cover the costs of it. Very shortsighted of them I believe as with the fansites they are getting free promotion constantly which surely is a good thing. Market Place is just a way of them making more money as they charge commission but quite honestly I am sure they don't as members just sell the furni they have for credits to buy other furni and HC/VIP and so I wouldn't be surprised if their income from purchase of credits hasn't decreased. I don't think they had anything to do with the Ludus fansite but obviously he did have a huge advantage in advertising it not that it worked all that well. It may in the future. Who knows? I believe they are getting back on track after the disaster of the merge and the surveys are a pretty good idea if they take notice of what members say. I feel it would be a good idea for all fansite owners/reps perhaps to get together in some way and lobby them to get the VIP privleges back. A kind of fansite council I guess.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think so at all, they're just general features introduced imo and sulake wouldn't waste it's time on 'destroying fansites slowly' or w.e.

I very much doubt sulake had anything to do with 'ludus' buying habboforum.net
    he's spent a lot of his own money on the site when he was hotel manager and now he isn't staff, he still spends money on the site so..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

I think they should allow fansites to sell VIP services. And they should be offering support for their fansites, not ruining them. I think the marketplace was just a general feature as it has been a positive update for Habbo and I don't think they meant to ruin the rare values and I don't think they had anything to do with ludus buying habboforum, they should of told him no though and no to him sending alerts as it's unfair on other fansites who have worked hard and then some fool comes along and spams the url on the alert and gets alot of traffic on there.

Going along with Catzsy's idea, I think the fansites should team together to somehow bring VIP services back but most of the fansites will be too scared to do it incase they lose their official status, but Habbo are slowly ruining fansites and I wouldn't be suprised if Habbo introduced their own rare values, generators and all that stuff soon.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

The marketplace was a great addition to habbo and i HIGHLY DOUBT they implemented it to piss off fansite owners... lol

and i highly doubt sulake had anything to do with the fansite ludus owned

ur just over reacting

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure, because fansites continue to be a big part of habbo.

But the VIP thing was just terrible. Can you not just advertise donator but actually give VIP, they'll never know.
    hi

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think so honestly.... those features are things that have been suggested to Habbo time and time again and they were bound to be implemented eventually.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

I don't think they're out to get us, but they really don't seam to want to bother with us any more. They don't seam to realise there are a lot of mature Habbos who would quit if they got rid of fansites.

We don't even have a fansite email anymore

Tokens
    Habbo
    befas

Latest Awards:

yeah ... i think i would quit if they got rid of habbox
    Just Before You Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse ........

HaHaHaHaHa I Blew You Up