HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    smiffy70

Latest Awards:

Default Avatar re-released with more footage!

yes u read that right, due to sales in the 3 tv's not lifting off, they have released avatar again with extra footage

i am deffinatly going to be watching this but i feel a bit cheated, why couldnt they just have put the extra scenes in
    1st Evictee on Habbox Forum Big Brother!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy70 View Post
    why couldnt they just have put the extra scenes in
    Money.

So, basically, Scott Pilgrim gets whitewashed by both the Expendable and an Avatar re-release? Lovely.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

dear mr cameron
    thanks for stealing our money

thats why i never paid to see this film infact i never seen it at all looks crap.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why is David Cameron being mentioned here? This has nothing to do with politics :S

It doesn't have anything to do with 3D TVs, either.

Avatar's re-release was announced about 7 months ago.

And the film sucks.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    Why is David Cameron being mentioned here? This has nothing to do with politics :S

It doesn't have anything to do with 3D TVs, either.

Avatar's re-release was announced about 7 months ago.

And the film sucks.
    'dear mr cameron' not david cameron

Avatar is a 2009 American[5][6] epic science fiction film written and directed by James Cameron

presumably, that guy

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Whoops. Thought it said David Cameron. My mistake. This is how tired I am from working non-stop.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    Whoops. Thought it said David Cameron. My mistake. This is how tired I am from working non-stop.
    lol, i actually was about to put david cameron until i realised im thinking of the wrong cameron

and at least someone agrees about how the film sucks.

Tokens
    Habbo
    smiffy70

Latest Awards:

erm it said it was being re released because no one wpuld by the 3d tvs for the movie so yh lol
    1st Evictee on Habbox Forum Big Brother!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

There were many things said about James Cameron's 3D sci-fi spectacular when it first came out - 'Mind blowing', 'Eye-popping' and 'It's just like 'FernGully' but with Smurfs'. However, one thing we can't imagine anyone saying about the bum-numbing epic is, 'I wish it was longer".

And yet, here we are again; 'Avatar' is back on the big screen a mere nine months after its debut, complete with nine extra minutes.

Due to the lack of 3D cinemas worldwide, ‘Avatar’ initially had to make way for other 3D movies, resulting in the film’s re-release in cinemas to reclaim the money it lost out on.

Upon its original release, Cameron had promised it would be a game changer, and it certainly was. It was a sight for sore eyes; dazzling window dressing that shone so bright it was easy to overlook the film’s hokey elements. But, in a weird way, ‘Avatar’s mighty technological achievements are even more spectacular the second time around.

Unsurprisingly, as soon as ‘Avatar’ broke box office records, studio bosses whipped on their 3D glasses and screamed “Us too”. The result, a whole host of films hastily converted into 3D. They ranged from passable (‘Alice in Wonderland’) to the downright awful (‘Clash of the Titans’).

Cameron has since stated that 3D films should be shot in 3D (he has dubbed his forthcoming revamped ‘Titanic’ "2.9") – and it’s hard to argue with him at the moment.

Watching it again, it’s clear that ‘Avatar’ truly belongs on the big screen. It’s not just the action scenes that are still a marvel to look at, the 3D elements help elevate the planet Pandora’s sense of wonder, while the scene with Sam Worthington’s Jake Sully wondering around in shock, as he surveys the destruction by the army, is given extra oomph, with ash floating around your eyes.

But is it worth shelling out your hard-earned cash once more?

The big selling point of the re-release is of course the extra footage. The nine minutes added to the film don’t really add anything new as the scenes are really the kind normally reserved to fatten up the Extras section on your DVDs or Blu-rays.

What you get is a little bit more background information on the school they set up to educate the Na’vi children, a hunting sequence (that is by far the most thrilling inclusion of the extra footage) and a little bit more of the big lovemaking scene, of which most people would probably prefer to see less rather than more. The final moments of Tsu’tey (the Ice Man to Sully’s Maverick) is another addition, which we guess is meant to be moving but just comes off as rather dull.

While the extra footage doesn’t add anything new to the proceedings, if you haven’t seen it yet, the big screen is really the best option. (Until the inevitable 3D DVD release of course). For the many who have already seen it and are keen to return to the wonders of Pandora, remember to bring a cushion!
    I didn't actually read it, but its about if its worth watching of something :L. Anyway I aint goint to watch it, its an extra 9 minutes. :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy70 View Post
    no one wpuld by the 3d tvs for the movie so yh lol
    No, it's been re-released for the money.

3DTVs have been out for 1 month in the UK, HDTVs were in the UK for 6 months before one was sold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast