HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default [3] Habbox Ideas and Feedback

I think this will be my last thread with some ideas - that could improve Habbox.

---

Moderation Trials

Before I start, this was suggested by another user on the forum, but I am unsure if many people really saw it - but it is a really good idea - so credit to whoever it was who suggested it. The idea: As there is now a limited number of moderation spaces (well, more limited than before), when applications are open I think three people should be hired as trialists - per spot available. I think this is a good idea, as moderators to really have to be up to scratch now there are less moderators than before. This would give people the chance to prove that they should be a moderator - and will hopefully make sure that the moderator that is eventually hired is the best applicant.

That may already be the plan - I am not sure though.

Meet the Management

This did used to happen in the ridiculously expensive chat system the forum had. However: I think there should be a forum where once a month users have the chance to ask questions to management. I know there are currently forums to ask certain departments bits and bobs, but I think having a specific forum for users to post questions for management to answer would create a stronger community. If General/Forum Management dedicated a bit of time to answer the questions, obviously it wouldn't change Habbox completely, but as I said, I do think it will create a stronger build between Management and the Users.

New User Donator Offer

I think a way to bring new users more in to the community would be to offer them one weeks donator. My idea: To get this, they would simply private message whoever adds donator. I think may also get Habbox a bit more money from donations, as some of the users who received the one week free donator, may want to get their coloured username back. Therefore, they would donate.

It has been said many times, that we need to keep new users at Habbox, so why not give them a thank you for joining?

--

That's it from me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    I think this will be my last thread with some ideas - that could improve Habbox.

---

Moderation Trials

Before I start, this was suggested by another user on the forum, but I am unsure if many people really saw it - but it is a really good idea - so credit to whoever it was who suggested it. The idea: As there is now a limited number of moderation spaces (well, more limited than before), when applications are open I think three people should be hired as trialists - per spot available. I think this is a good idea, as moderators to really have to be up to scratch now there are less moderators than before. This would give people the chance to prove that they should be a moderator - and will hopefully make sure that the moderator that is eventually hired is the best applicant.

That may already be the plan - I am not sure though.

Jamesy & Sarah like this idea too, I also like it and I think it's fairly safe to say it'll be used at some point, it may not be used for the current free position though.

Meet the Management

This did used to happen in the ridiculously expensive chat system the forum had. However: I think there should be a forum where once a month users have the chance to ask questions to management. I know there are currently forums to ask certain departments bits and bobs, but I think having a specific forum for users to post questions for management to answer would create a stronger community. If General/Forum Management dedicated a bit of time to answer the questions, obviously it wouldn't change Habbox completely, but as I said, I do think it will create a stronger build between Management and the Users.

I think it's better to do these things on Habbo, the Forum Management already have the Help Desk Takeovers in which they should be using for this kind of thing, we could also do Meet the General Management on Habbo too I guess.

New User Donator Offer

I think a way to bring new users more in to the community would be to offer them one weeks donator. My idea: To get this, they would simply private message whoever adds donator. I think may also get Habbox a bit more money from donations, as some of the users who received the one week free donator, may want to get their coloured username back. Therefore, they would donate.

It has been said many times, that we need to keep new users at Habbox, so why not give them a thank you for joining?

I dunno, I kinda like this idea but also it could look as if we are trying to sell donator, which isn't what we are "meant" to do.
    --

That's it from me
    In bold
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh I didn't realise the forum management raid the help desk every so often!

I guess for the donator, you could be seen as selling it - unless it was put across as 'Since you are new, we thought we would give you the chance to have a coloured username for one week'. Although reading that it still comes across as 'selling'.

Hmm not sure

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think with the management thing that this should be kept to Habbo. There's already been criticism, that I agree with, that too much revolves around the forum and I thought the idea of Habbox Help Desk takeovers did that. Maybe this should be branched out to the 'big' departments (forum, habboxlive and possibly rare values but definitely the first two as they're the most important really) and General Management.