HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Cameron lectures China on democracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eedom-law.html

Tidal wave of cash risks us all: Cameron warns globalisation will 'go into reverse' unless China corrects trade imbalance

• PM says Britain's democratic traditions 'make our government better'

• Mr Cameron raises concerns over detention of Nobel Peace Prize winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Globalisation could 'go into reverse', harming economies around the world, unless China acts to correct dangerous trade imbalances, David Cameron warned today. In an extraordinary condemnation of their repressive political regime, the Prime Minister warned that the massive surpluses created by China's export success had created 'a dangerous tidal wave of money' sweeping around the world. The Prime Minister, who is on a high-profile state visit to Beijing, used a public speech at Peking University to insist that greater economic freedoms for China must go hand in hand with greater political freedom for its people. On the eve of a G20 summit at which Beijing will face pressure to allow faster appreciation of its yuan currency, Mr Cameron also risked infuriating his Communist hosts by championing democratic elections and a free press and by calling for China to develop 'a greater political opening'.

Mr Cameron pointed out that were he not in China, he would today be facing questions from the Opposition in the House of Commons. His Chinese counterparts, on the other hand, have ruthlessly crushed all political dissent. Mr Cameron accepted that Britain's society was 'not perfect' and insisted he was not trying to lecture the Chinese or claim a position of 'moral superiority'. But he said Britain's democratic traditions 'make our government better and our country stronger', adding: 'The rise in economic freedom in China in recent years has been hugely beneficial to China and to the world. 'I hope that in time this will lead to a greater political opening, because I am convinced that the best guarantor of prosperity and stability is for economic and political progress to go in step together.' Mr Cameron said he wanted 'to make the positive case for the world to see China's rise as an opportunity, not a threat'.

But he said if Europe's openness to China is to be maintained, it must be clear that 'China is open to Europe'. And he said China can take a leading role now on dealing with economic problems as the world emerges from recession. His remarks come at a particularly sensitive time for the one-party Chinese state. Yesterday officials barred the lawyer of Nobel peace prize winner Liu Xiaobo, who has been jailed for 11 years for calling for political reform, from travelling to the UK. Mr Cameron is understood to have raised the detention of Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo at a banquet hosted by premier Wen Jiabao last night.

Well thats rather hypocritical isn't it Mr Cameron, especially when China doesn't pretend to be democratic whilst we do - and Call Me Dave rolls over for unelected EU politicians to make a majority of our laws while unelected European judges implement a foreign justice system on British subjects over here in the United Kingdom. I mean we could even add on that the fact that the United States has missiles and military bases on British soil as though we were some puny colony - while we follow them into ridiculous wars.

The United Kingdom is broke yet Cameron is now lecturing the Chinese (who are very wealthy) on how to run their economic policy, how very patronising to both us at home and to the Chinese.

- China is wealthy, Britain is poor (by debt standards).
    - China makes her own laws, Britain has many of her laws imposed on her from the continent.
    - China has a popualtion of 1bn+ yet has less CCTV than Britain which has a population of 60m+

Why the Chinese give this man or any western leader the time of day is beyond me.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-11-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HabbaJabba

Latest Awards:

Britain is a mess, China isn't, end of.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Britain is a mess, China isn't, end of.
    We get a vote, we can say anything we like, we don't have people dying of poverty or being locked up for opposing the government. I can honestly say I've never read a post which angers me so much. You don't seem to appreciate how lucky you are to be brought up in Britain with all the wealth and freedom. Yes this country isn't perfect but it's absolute ******** to suggest Britain is in a mess and China isn't. There is a few issues with this country but they are pretty minor compared to the rest of the worlds, particularly Chinas.

At the end of the day, which would you have rather been born, Chinese or British? Where would you rather live, China or Britain? Yeah thought so.

That applies to anyone else who fancies talking so much nonsense as well.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    We get a vote, we can say anything we like, we don't have people dying of poverty or being locked up for opposing the government. I can honestly say I've never read a post which angers me so much. You don't seem to appreciate how lucky you are to be brought up in Britain with all the wealth and freedom. Yes this country isn't perfect but it's absolute ******** to suggest Britain is in a mess and China isn't. There is a few issues with this country but they are pretty minor compared to the rest of the worlds, particularly Chinas.

At the end of the day, which would you have rather been born, Chinese or British? Where would you rather live, China or Britain? Yeah thought so.

That applies to anyone else who fancies talking so much nonsense as well.
    Agree with you 100%. Yes, ok, China are, as a state, richer, but their GDP is lower than ours, they have people dying of starvation, and their standard of living is a hell of a lot worse than ours. They don't have free elections or free press, and if you oppose their commy regime you get locked up and called a loonie. If that's not a mess then you're messed...in the head.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    Agree with you 100%. Yes, ok, China are, as a state, richer, but their GDP is lower than ours, they have people dying of starvation, and their standard of living is a hell of a lot worse than ours. They don't have free elections or free press, and if you oppose their commy regime you get locked up and called a loonie. If that's not a mess then you're messed...in the head.
    Exactly, it really is as simple as that

+rep

Tokens

Latest Awards:

China is a ghastly country.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by immense View Post
    China is a ghastly country.
    Glad we see eye to eye on that then Jake

DJ Robbie

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    their GDP is lower than ours
    No it isn't.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    No it isn't.
    I meant average wealth, I can't remember the name of it, I don't do geography. But essentially, the questions still asks, where would you rather live: China or Britain?

DJ Robbie

Tokens

Seeing as we practically invented the best part of their country, which is an economic global superpower in its own right, they ought to listen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast