HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    .:RoomHelper:.

Question How do I stop all theses pop ups?

Hi,

Every time I come to the Forum, I get messages about cookies, events, money etc...

This is really annoying so is there anyway to turn it off?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by .:RoomHelper:. View Post
    Hi,

Every time I come to the Forum, I get messages about cookies, events, money etc...

This is really annoying so is there anyway to turn it off?
    They aren't pop ups. Pop ups are windows that actually "Pop up" on your screen that would often be some sort of advertisement. What you are talking about are called notices and they are there to inform users like yourself of specific events, important issues and the EU notice about cookies.

If you have cookies enabled and are also logged in on the forum then you can close these notices by clicking the "X" on each one. These would then remain closed and shouldn't appear for you again unless a new notice has been set forum wide.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    They aren't pop ups. Pop ups are windows that actually "Pop up" on your screen that would often be some sort of advertisement. What you are talking about are called notices and they are there to inform users like yourself of specific events, important issues and the EU notice about cookies.

If you have cookies enabled and are also logged in on the forum then you can close these notices by clicking the "X" on each one. These would then remain closed and shouldn't appear for you again unless a new notice has been set forum wide.

"Christmas Charity VIP ~" is always there, even if I do click X....I know about the cookie info, but you should make it so when I click X on the cookie info, when I reload it does not come back..

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

"Christmas Charity VIP ~" is always there, even if I do click X....I know about the cookie info, but you should make it so when I click X on the cookie info, when I reload it does not come back..
    Those notices are diismissible. What browser do you use? Seems to be a problem on your end rather than Habbox.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo

Those notices are diismissible. What browser do you use? Seems to be a problem on your end rather than Habbox.
    firefox 17, they only come back when I'm logged out tho :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

firefox 17, they only come back when I'm logged out tho :/
    Keep yourself logged in?

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Yeah if you're logged out you'll have loads of notifications and messages showing up, so if possible just remained logged in - or ignore them until you log in, because once you log in they shouldn't show up again.

Not online very often

Tokens
    Habbo

Keep yourself logged in?
    Yeah, I worked this time when I kept log in, sorry for being a pain!

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Trainor View Post
    Yeah if you're logged out you'll have loads of notifications and messages showing up, so if possible just remained logged in - or ignore them until you log in, because once you log in they shouldn't show up again.
    Yeah - it works

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

the EU notice about cookies.
    What?
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    What?
    Basically all websites should have a notice above or somewhere noticeable talking about cookies. Don't ask why we have to, somewhere along the line EU citizens became stupid.

EDIT:

This page has a few examples.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 31-12-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast