HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair mask

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Hair mask

Trying a hair mask that venusangelic (i know, i know, shameful for watching) put up.
    basically you put egg yolks, yeast, yoghurt and honey in a bowl and mix then put it on your hair (after you've washed it with shampoo) and wrap clingfilm 'round your head like a mad man. you then leave it in your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it out.
    it's been 25 minutes and i'm getting pretty sick of the smell of yeast
    after i've washed and dried it i'll tell you whether it works or not for all those who may want to try something new, and smelly.
    the only thing stronger than fear is hope

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

So like what's it meant to do
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Apparently it's meant to make your hair really soft, shiny and grow faster but all it's done is make my hair smell like yeast gotta go wack out the aussi miracle moist conditioner

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oooh, (sorry for double post I can't edit anymore), forget what i said! it's actually made my hair really soft and fluffy, but i do smell like a walking yeast infection

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

No different to normal then ;|||||| think I'll just stick with a decent conditioner lol the ones I get with my hair dye is fab makes me feel like a princess
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

ahh let me break it down for you tom...

egg yolk and yoghurt = protein. protein is needed for strengthening hair but too much protein = breakage. typically curly, natural and coarse hair doesn't need it due to having a high level of protein already in it while bleached hair loses this protein structure so benefits that more.

honey = humectant. these draw moisture to the applied area. the only true moisturiser for hair is water then there are sealerz and humectants to keep the water from coming out the hair too quick. humectants are good in treatments because it keeps the water in hair for longer especially good if you have porous hair that doesn't hold a lot of moisture in it like mine which is why i like honey in my hair but you need to have heat (steam from the shower or covering it to keep heat and moisture in) in order to do this or else it'll dry out and stay all sticky.

that's all i remember but good things with natural products is it won't do you much harm and if anything it will do you good.

a tip though is instead of shampooing it out get a silicone free conditioner which is generally the really cheap conditioners you get, take a handful and rub it in to your hair while it's still wet with the treatment. leave it in for about 10 minutes covered with the cap then rinse out then shampoo (probably won't need to condition after that). conditioner is so much better for getting things out than shampoo. sounds a lot to do but it's not.

my hair doesn't do well on protein as it's thick wavy and natural so already has protein in it. actually my hair does pretty **** with anything as protein is in literally every product because most people bleach straighten dye their hair etc so need more of it while i don't. it makes my hair untameable ugh, was better when i bleached n straightened every day so i need moisture.

fun to experiment!!11

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah I bother more with conditioner than shampoo anyway, always a quick rinse with shampoo then leave the conditioner in for a while to work its stuff I might try honey because then I can eat some while I'm waiting but my hair's in pretty good condition anyway tbh *+*+*
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Yeah I bother more with conditioner than shampoo anyway, always a quick rinse with shampoo then leave the conditioner in for a while to work its stuff I might try honey because then I can eat some while I'm waiting but my hair's in pretty good condition anyway tbh *+*+*
    but omg this mask has made my hair sooo poofy!

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I'm liking the sound of the wrapping clingfilm around my head, but my hair is really awkward with all stuff like this, so I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon ;_;

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Coco View Post
    but omg this mask has made my hair sooo poofy!
    lol take a pic is it like full on Marge Simpson that would be hilarious
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast