HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Default have you ever done a presentation?

like with a powerpoint in front of a class?
    i've never done it before but i have one tomorrow that has to last 10-15 mins. i'm not shy so not worried about public speaking etc more worried that i'll go blank and forget what i planned to say lmao

have you ever had to do one? did you like/hate it?
    got any tips?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Ugh I've done a few but as you can probably tell I hate them when I was at school I was always such a nervous person and I hated talking so I just stayed quiet. I managed to get the presentations done though but with a lot of struggle

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Oh god. For me, when I was in uni, we had lots of presentations. Only one I remember was my psychology class in which we took a characteristic of a person's identity (ADHD, Split personality, depress, etc.) And we had to present it to the class. I remember standing in front of 70 some odd people with another person trying to explain ours (which I totally forget now) and being so freaked out because we were not ready. Lol,

As uni went on, I realized that it's always best to have more than you need because you tend to speak faster Infront of people than when you're going through your notes by yourself.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Oh god. For me, when I was in uni, we had lots of presentations. Only one I remember was my psychology class in which we took a characteristic of a person's identity (ADHD, Split personality, depress, etc.) And we had to present it to the class. I remember standing in front of 70 some odd people with another person trying to explain ours (which I totally forget now) and being so freaked out because we were not ready. Lol,

As uni went on, I realized that it's always best to have more than you need because you tend to speak faster Infront of people than when you're going through your notes by yourself.

mine is also for psychology! we have a module called readings in psychology and we were all given an article to read and we have to share what our article was about to the class in the form of a presentation.

i timed myself and my presentation is 11 mins when i read it out with my notes and when i practice without my notes it goes longer to like 13-14 mins since i go blank and panic and add extra information in hahaha. but yes i am also worried that i'll panic when i do it tomorrow and speed through it so it ends up being like 5 minutes and i fail

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

yeah I've done one in college and three in uni, my third one was yesterday. I didn't mind it in college as I was really good friends with everyone in my class so it was a breeze. I get really nervous about public speaking and even if I've learned it all off by heart I won't remember anything the one I did before last I was so nervous and ended up with a really bad pain in my chest, probably an anxiety attack! the one I did yesterday was alright because we were allowed to sit down whilst we did it

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    mine is also for psychology! we have a module called readings in psychology and we were all given an article to read and we have to share what our article was about to the class in the form of a presentation.

i timed myself and my presentation is 11 mins when i read it out with my notes and when i practice without my notes it goes longer to like 13-14 mins since i go blank and panic and add extra information in hahaha. but yes i am also worried that i'll panic when i do it tomorrow and speed through it so it ends up being like 5 minutes and i fail
    Lol, I feel like psychology is always the case for presentation. You'll do fine though.
    What was your article about?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Lol, I feel like psychology is always the case for presentation. You'll do fine though.
    What was your article about?

it discusses a study that tested the hypothesis that moving schools frequently will have a negative effect on a child's math skills.
    here's a link in case you're bored lmao https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4682346/

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    it discusses a study that tested the hypothesis that moving schools frequently will have a negative effect on a child's math skills.
    here's a link in case you're bored lmao https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4682346/
    Haha! Perfect, I'll take a look at it, and maybe make a discussion on it... Though you may have a lot to say about it, this is the sort of stuff I like to read.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Haha! Perfect, I'll take a look at it, and maybe make a discussion on it... Though you may have a lot to say about it, this is the sort of stuff I like to read.

it was kind of interesting to read i think! i had trouble making sense of some of it, though, and i translated it to welsh using google translate, but the translation was so crap it made it worse lmfao. i've had to just leave them out of my presentation in the hope that nobody will ask about it

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Yaa I've had to do quite a few in uni both in groups and on my own, absolutely hate them I shake nonstop when I do them haha in a group one I did last year my tutor commented on me shaking was quite awkward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast