HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JoshPayne_

Latest Awards:

Post Habbox Live [DJ Feedback!!!!] (Take time to read!)

Hi guys,

So if you don't know I am an aspiring DJ on Habbox currently, along with a graphic designer, I've noticed the radio can be a bit dead at times and people aren't really listening like they use to.

I would like to know what you guys would like to hear on the radio along with if you prefer talking or if music is what you want. What would be your preference?
    Criticism is fine if it's constructive.
    THANKS
    Thanks,
    Josh Payne
    Website

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Nick

Latest Awards:

It might help if you didn't loop songs and then cut them off with a fade once you realised. Also why let the radio go offline on half term when Habbox should be aspiring to get people to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Nick is harmless and he's not a bad person after you have spoken to him a few times.
    Last +REP from: Kardan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    It might help if you didn't loop songs and then cut them off with a fade once you realised. Also why let the radio go offline on half term when Habbox should be aspiring to get people to listen.
    You need to remember we're all volunteering at Habbox, and as Habbo is mainly aimed at teenagers a lot of them will have other stuff to do in half term (and have exams around this time to revise for) and can't always be online. Some DJs don't necessarily want the radio to go offline, but there comes a point where they can't stay on any longer.

I generally just tune in randomly and stay tuned in if there are catchy songs on or those I know.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Isharu

Latest Awards:

We do our best to keep the listeners entertained and to get ourselves well known as a DJ. Too much talking on air gets boring specially if it is always the same thing over and over. Having different kind of chat topics on air is good and not to long either. Asking random questions to the listeners or ask the listeners to send you questions to answer on air if it is appropriate ofc.

I do agree those who fades songs or cut off songs early kinda gets me.....specially when you request a song and all of sudden it is cut off before the end or they talk during the song. These things are things I hate. Other than that it seems alright .

Be careful what you wish for!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well joshpayne what makes YOU want to tune in to the radio?

I only ever tune in if people I know are also tuned in (or djing) so we can discuss what's going on.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well joshpayne what makes YOU want to tune in to the radio?

I only ever tune in if people I know are also tuned in (or djing) so we can discuss what's going on.
    Same as this. I would never tune in just for the sake of listening to habboxlive because it's boring when you don't know the DJ and you're the only one you know that's tuned in.

Sent from phone

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

IMO DJ's should strive to get to know the Habbox community. I always tried to speak with listeners whilst on air and eventually I got people who liked listening to the songs I played (80's/90's/00's) because it's something different to what most play. Try and find something that you enjoy and the listeners enjoy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cromwell

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
    As much as we're trying to keep the radio online, this time of year theres usually a lack of activity due to exams, coursework and other stuff. In comparison to the past few years we're about 30 DJ's down, the department used to range from 40-50 DJs and we currently have 16 DJs, 5 Head+ and 3 Guests so our main focus is trying to get more DJ's in for the summer time.

-------

Me and Kimmy are currently putting effort into hiring and keeping staff and also working on a new weekly show system, DJ involvement and events. Overall it's about sorting out the mess that the department has been left in, which is turning out to be quite a hard task for the pair of us, but it can be done and good steps are being made! The difference won't be seen overnight and a lot of it will be behind the scenes to show that we really do appreciate what our DJ's do and hopefully make them happier to DJ more and progress themselves and the department further.

If anyone has any suggestions, please so come and chat to me or Kimmy directly (my skype is hxlwoodsy and i'll leave kimmy to post her own if she wants as it wouldn't be fair to give her skype name out without asking) and we can have a discussion about it. I'd love to put into play some of the suggestions you guys put forward. Also this year we're bringing back some big events, such as 24hr Giveaway & The Vault and hopefully working with other departments to come up with some fun ideas

Tokens
    Habbo
    lRhyss

Latest Awards:

Change the name from DJs to Presenters

then watch the listeners rise

listener rise not promised

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ripieno

Latest Awards:

Things I've noticed that get people tuned into the radio massively is community interaction. When you get to the event and work in tandem with the host to lure people in, it really can up the listeners.

When there's no event, some DJs don't like to put the extra effort in to work harder. Doing things like a conga line, on air competitions and holding room parties (like the balls we sometimes host) get people tuned in for the sheer entertainment factor.

Like Charlie pointed out, it's boring when you don't know the DJ. A lot of the time when joining (and sometimes for staff who've been around for a while) DJs don't want to get themselves involved with the community (you'd think we're scary) and hide themselves away under rocks. I'm constantly trying to encourage DJs to get on client, get to the help desk/the events, advertise, entertain as it's really beyond me how some can host without that extra interaction. I think I can speak for both myself and others that people don't like tuning in to the unknown and that it's at least a little more entertaining if the DJ you're listening to is there.

In regards to the, as always, insightful comments from -Nick, just because the radio isn't online 24/7 does not mean that Jazzy and I (and hell, even some of the DJs) aren't aspiring to get people to listen. People have real life, GCSEs to concentrate on; and although the aspirations to become an excelling fansite radio are always there, the focus on far more important things like exams will always prevail, particularly at this time of year.

In whole, to get people to tune in more based on my own experience and that of others we need:

More interaction between DJs and the community - Perhaps Jazzy and I will think about establishing a firm rule about on-client activity.
    Recognizable events hosted by HxL
    Effort made to host shows with minimal streaming

I'll probably add to this list as it goes on, but my Skype name is stentato as I saw Jazz talking about before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast