HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default Curbishley to leave Charlton

Curbishley the Charlton manager has announced he will leave Charlton at the end of the season after spending 15 years there. This means he may be the next England manager.
    100% United Fan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Heard about this earlier. Best of luck to him, but I don't think he's the right guy for the England job, he's not tough enough.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Curbishley
    Alan Curbishley has stated his decision to step down as Charlton manager at the season's end has nothing to do with becoming England's new manager.

Curbishley met with chairman Richard Murray on Friday to sort out his future and it was decided his 15th year at the club would be his last.

Some felt with Luiz Felipe Scolari withdrawing from the race to succeed Sven Goran Eriksson, Curbishley could be about to fill in.

However, The Addicks boss has stated he is not in contention to replace the Swede and is looking forward to a break from the game.

"I just felt it was the right time for the club to make a change," he told PremPlus. I wasn't going to extend my contract.

"It was only done yesterday (Friday). I just felt it was the right time for me and for the club. I just want the best for Charlton.

"It's nothing to do with (England). It's nothing to do with outside influences. I leave the club on very good terms. I just wish all the best for them.

"I need a change and I need a break. I don't think so," he added on whether he would be in charge of another club next season. "I need a little bit of a time out.

"I don't think I was ever in it (race to succeed Eriksson). This decision is purely about me.

"I want Charlton to stay were they are, possibly better. I've done my bit, it's time for someone else.

"Managers leave football clubs out the back door. I've left out the front door."

Curbishley's final home game in charge of Charlton ended in defeat to Blackburn, a result that disappointed the Addicks boss.

"Mixed emotions," he added on the defeat. "I'd like to have done well today.

"It wasn't going to be today. It was a subdued display."
    No he wont become England manager.

Tokens
    Habbo
    YellowParasol-

Latest Awards:

Scolari has Declined to possibly be next England manager, and i think Curbishley has too. So that means Steve Mcclaren is still odd's on Favourite
    Made a return after a few years away.. So much has changed

Big Peterborough United fan

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If Curbishley got offered it, I think he would take it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Neither are good enough i'm afraid.

On Curbishley goodluck to the bloke, I respect him for what he has done at Charlton. Next Newcastle manager? Seems likely.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tbh I think Roeder is the best man for the job at Newcastle.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Roeder is clueless, his time at West Ham proves this. I think the team are caught in the 'new manager syndrome', every team seems to be able to string a few wins together when a new boss comes in.

He's a good hardworking, honest bloke. Don't rate him at all though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well I don't think Curbs is right. I think it needs to be a local bloke, and Shearer should be his no. 2. [at Newcastle]
    Last edited by Jordan3; 29-04-2006 at 11:15 PM.