HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

I think yes but within reason.

I once read about a woman who had a problem with her stomach and evertime she ate she threw up and was in tremendous pain for most of her life. She had euthanasia and I think that that was the best thing to do for her. But, if someone had say a less serious condition and wanted to die, I doubt the doctors would allow it. If we had it free, it would be the new emo fad.

Yeah that sounds ridiculos but you never know.

Tokens

Keep the opinions coming please lmao, im using these for coursework called shoudl euthanasia be legalized in the uk ?

I think it should be illegal as, it says in the 10 commandments " they shall not kill "
    and " god gave life so god will take it away "

I dont get the point of the hippacratic oath its just stupid, there should be some law passed in parliment, as its legal in sweeden etc
    Musicicon is
    currently

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Call
    Keep the opinions coming please lmao, im using these for coursework called shoudl euthanasia be legalized in the uk ?

I think it should be illegal as, it says in the 10 commandments " they shall not kill "

I dont get the point of the hippacratic oath its just stupid, there should be some law passed in parliment, as its legal in sweeden etc
    Don't you mean, "Thou shalt not kill" and "God gave life and God taketh away".

New flash- not everyone in UK has a religion, therefore, rendering the 10 commandments futile. Had everyone in the UK been a Jesus-follower, the question of euthanasia wouldn't even be an issue.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Call

I find it HILLARIOUS when people use religion in political issues, and dont even know what they are talking about. 'THOU shall not kill'. 'God GIVETH then he TAKETH away'. Im not even christian, and I know that.

And what the bible says has NOTHING to with this. I hope you guys over in the UK have something like the the U.S. does with the seperation of church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by Emicat.
    If we had it free, it would be the new emo fad.
    Many people would hope so
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 29-06-2006 at 01:10 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Church and state are getting ever closer though, especially in America where the leader is a hardline protestant and uses his faith as reasons for his decisions.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

No way to allowing euthenasia.
    People taking their own life in any way or having it taken for them is sooo selfish, people don't realise how lucky they are to be alive.

There are billions of planets and at the moment, we are the only one known to have life on. So your odds of being born are one in a billion.
    Then you think, what are your odds of being born in the UK? The 3rd most economically developed country in the UK.

You may be dying in pain, but life is painful for all at times, die naturally

To those that say suffering is wrong and should be ended as soon as possible, I am not against a buddhist view but to be honest it is also being taken from a Utilitarians view on euthenasia, and you cannot really draw the line on what suffering is bad and what is not.
    To those that say ALL suffering is wrong, consider the suffering you have to go through to train for a sports event, some athletes put themselves through incredible pressure and strain for an event, suffering can happen in different ways, whether called upon yourself or just a natural mistake/defect.
    Last edited by Dripless; 30-06-2006 at 10:06 AM.
    Jimmy was a swimmer
    Now he swims no more
    for what he thought was H2O
    was H2SO4

Life. Death. Love. Lies.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Dripless
    People taking their own life in any way or having it taken for them is sooo selfish, people don't realise how lucky they are to be alive.
    And what would you call lucky about being in pain so much you actually wanted to die?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If they're in so much pain that they seriously don't want to be alive, they obviously aren't all that lucky.

There are billions of planets and at the moment, we are the only one known to have life on. So your odds of being born are one in a billion.
    Actually the odds of being born are 1:1 seeing as how we don't exist until we're born.

Then you think, what are your odds of being born in the UK? The 3rd most economically developed country in the UK.

Regardless of where you're born, if you don't want to live you shouldn't be forced to.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No-- the whole point is that these people aren't lucky. They have a disease that doesnt allow them to enjoy life. Also, they feel that they are just being a burdon and heartbreak on their family by having them pay for the short time they'll be alive

HAHAHA. You need to revisit your math skills. Since there is no life on other planets that we know of, the possibility of being born on earth is 100%. IF there were life on all those other planets, you'd be right, but there arent.

But if I knew I'd be in pain for the rest of my life-- a pain that doesnt allow me to do anything, I'd want to die as well. There is a huge difference between pain once and a while, and pain for the rest of your life

To those that say suffering is wrong and should be ended as soon as possible, I am not against a buddhist view but to be honest it is also being taken from a Utilitarians view on euthenasia, and you cannot really draw the line on what suffering is bad and what is not.
    That's where the person who wants to die comes into play. They can tell you if he is in enough pain or not.

To those that say ALL suffering is wrong, consider the suffering you have to go through to train for a sports event, some athletes put themselves through incredible pressure and strain for an event, suffering can happen in different ways, whether called upon yourself or just a natural mistake/defect.
    No one says all suffering is wrong, you are COMPLETELY skewing everyone's words. No one said that. When you are going to suffer for the rest of your life, that I feel is wrong.

And sports have nothing to do with this. THE ATHLETES DO THAT TO THEMSELVES. If everyone could control their disease, you might have an arguement (The again, we wouldnt be having this debate) but you cant compare someone who is training hard for a sport with someone with a disease.
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 30-06-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Tokens

I'll tell you a little story.

So, my great nan had been healthy all her life [she was 89] and could still walk a mile to town to do her shopping, then she was struck with illness. She was throwing up her own excretement, as her digestive system had totally messed up. She wanted to die, but she was too strong, and had to go through 3 weeks of throwing up her own crap and urine until she eventually passed away. Honestly, wouldn't you just rather die? She said she wanted to, but of course it isn't allowed, so she had to live through all of that pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123