Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

View Poll Results: Should he of been exicuted?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 51.02%
  • No

24 48.98%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Tokens

Of course, he killed thousands of people, and must have ruined millions of people's lives. If I'm correct he even killed one of his own daughters?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
    Of course, he killed thousands of people, and must have ruined millions of people's lives. If I'm correct he even killed one of his own daughters?

Lol, he even killed his best friend.

I think the ONLY decent solution to this was-- and I am completely serious-- to keep the court case going. Never end it until he's dead. Just keep delaying a conviction. That way, pro-Saddam loyalists wouldnt get violent because he would still have a chance to be free, and anti-Saddamists would be happy because they would be confident he would be executed or put away for life. And once he actually died (which wouldnt be that long, he was in bad health) he wouldnt be seen as a mayrter.

I know it would never happen, but Im just throwing in my two cents.

It's more of a question of justice. People who were personally afflicted by Saddam's annexation would then have to wait up to 20 years or even more to see some real constitutionality being placed.

If Saddam wasn't to be killed it would display a more skeptical and lenient stereotype upon reactions of such travisties. It could potentially open the floodgate to more possible tyrants knowing that even after thousands of cases of homocide, the worse their going to get is to be locked up.

I personally would rather be locked up, when locked up you can still feel, whether it be bereaved or happy you're still alive, and to have kept Saddam alive would make the judgements even worse than Saddam himself, in the eyes of those inflicted by him.
    Last edited by Intellect; 11-01-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567