HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default Homework and revision.

Is it just me or is it everyone, but I find homework and revision EXTREMLY annoying.

They say it helps you and for me it just doesn't. With homework they expect you to go home after 5-7 hours of work that day and do MORE work. I think when we go home we should get to do whatever we want and it's our relaxation time. Plus if you don't do your homework some teachers even give you detentions...Which is more time off relaxing at home. Aghh it bugs me so much.

With revision yes I can see it may benefit people but for me it just doesn't stick. I've tried so many methods and they just don't work.

Anyway feel free to post your comments about homework and revision.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Toughened View Post
    Is it just me or is it everyone, but I find homework and revision EXTREMLY annoying.

They say it helps you and for me it just doesn't. With homework they expect you to go home after 5-7 hours of work that day and do MORE work. I think when we go home we should get to do whatever we want and it's our relaxation time. Plus if you don't do your homework some teachers even give you detentions...Which is more time off relaxing at home. Aghh it bugs me so much.

With revision yes I can see it may benefit people but for me it just doesn't stick. I've tried so many methods and they just don't work.

Anyway feel free to post your comments about homework and revision.

yeah its pretty crap, but homework is for the teachers to see if you really understand what they have been teaching on the other hand its quite annoying as you have done 6 hours of school already then you get home and do another 2-3 hours

JPT Champions 08-09
    We're Luton Town Fc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I never revised for any test all the way through school and did fine in my tests.

Tokens

i dont get much homework atm. The main reason they giv u it is to see weather u listend and understood the work. my dad is a teacher and he disagrees with homework, as we already have more than half our day used up by school and sleeping.
    Please test your IQ:

Cant Click It?
    Thats because your STEWPID!
    LAST + REP FROM: Typoh - thanks man!
    LAST - REP FROM: no-one. Keep it that way!
    I OWE REP TO: Temperment
    !I RETURN NON-POINTLESS REP! Visit my new thread!

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jordie2k6 View Post
    yeah its pretty crap, but homework is for the teachers to see if you really understand what they have been teaching on the other hand its quite annoying as you have done 6 hours of school already then you get home and do another 2-3 hours
    Yeah but some teachers just set it and don't even mark it... Like I got cookery technology homework today and she wants us to write about free range eggs I mean she isn't going to sit down and read all 30 or whatever about free range eggs when also we haven't been doing about free range eggs in class. I agree with the last part though

Quote Originally Posted by Barkseh View Post
    I never revised for any test all the way through school and did fine in my tests.
    I suppose it's kind of like that with me but it's just I try to revise to get them extra couple of marks and it just doesn't happen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zepie View Post
    i dont get much homework atm. The main reason they giv u it is to see weather u listend and understood the work. my dad is a teacher and he disagrees with homework, as we already have more than half our day used up by school and sleeping.
    I totally agree it's unfair lol.

I just posted this as I got ridiculous homework and I was just annoyed and I just wondered what other people thought. Thanks for the comments.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We should get less homework tbh, we are not robots, and even robots need a rest.
    shawn

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We should get less homework tbh, we are not robots, and even robots need a rest.
    LOL ture an I totally agree