HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Confused about college!

Right, basically I've been looking around colleges and to start off with I was taking 4 A Levels which were:
    - Drama and Theatre Studies or Performance Studies
    - ICT
    - Photography
    - Media Studies

But today I visited a college and found out a lot about BTEC Performing Arts. It was really appealing as Performing Arts is my first love but what I'm worried about is that I will have nothing to fall back on...

Does anyone have any pass experiences or suggestions that would help me decide.

Thanks

Tokens

It depends really.

If you go to a drama school after college such as RADA or LAMDA then you have a much better thrust into the world of preforming arts and any related areas.

However, the downside is that the top drama schools (mentioned above) are EXTREMELY hard to get into... abit like Cambridge but even worse. You have to be top of the top. It is extemely rare anyone gets in first tim (18) but most good people tend to be around 21-23 when they get accepted... the persistency and determination of the person is seen then.

So doing it at college will really help you and im sure if you do audition for a drama school or any other opportunities then your teachers can give you great help. Make sure they dont give you over-done monologues but rather someting unique or quirky.

However, there is nothing saying you need qualifications in performing arts to go into that field (unless its very specific like directing or something). Assuming you plan to be a performer though (stage or tv/film) then there is nothing stopping you from doing other a-levels that will allow you to get into a university. Afterall, university is a brilliant 3(-5) years of your life!

My friend goes to auditions all the time and at the moment she is in a horror movie being filmed at the moment. She also is in a play that will be produced by a professional company on a big stage. But she does a-levels at the moment like english and science etc.

So its up to you really
    " When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. "

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I do attend a lot of auditions already and have done a lot of stage work and a little television. I've also done up to Grade 5 in LAMDA exams. I'm pretty experienced.

My dream is to go to a drama school whether I do A Levels or BTEC but I suppose doing the BTEC will be more reckonised.

Thanks for the help, +REP (if I can).
    x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Some people don't go to college at all, you do have something to fall back on.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    Some people don't go to college at all, you do have something to fall back on.
    Thanks for the reply!