Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bomb-Head

Latest Awards:

Good. As a teacher he (well I beleive it was a she when I heard it on the news) is meant to protect the kids innocence at all costs and not upset them. The kids were obviously distraught when they found out and they should never be put in a situation like that by a teacher - finding out Santa isn't real should just come naturally over the years and not from a bah humbug teacher at this time of year.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2nd View Post
    Whats worse a lie that can draw a smile or a truth that can draw a tear - a quote I stole from a movie I saw the other day

You only get to be a child once I think it's wrong to destroy a childs imagination.. I personally was never actually 'told' Santa wasn't real over time I just worked it out for myself at the normal age parents normally tell their kids anyway... which I think is the best way I wasn't heart broken or upset I just in a way knew don't know how to explain it really..
    a truth that can draw a tear... hence why you don't tell children that the moon is made of cheese, clouds are made of candyfloss and money is free. Telling children that fairytales and lies are true is lying and taking advantage of them. You think it's okay to take advantage of children?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Mary View Post
    a truth that can draw a tear... hence why you don't tell children that the moon is made of cheese, clouds are made of candyfloss and money is free. Telling children that fairytales and lies are true is lying and taking advantage of them. You think it's okay to take advantage of children?
    I think there is a difference between letting a child have an imagination and telling a child lies. There is no harm in a child thinking Santa clause is real like I said before I was always told as a young child Santa clause, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny are real and I don't feel like I was being taken advantage of in anyway
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2nd View Post
    I think there is a difference between letting a child have an imagination and telling a child lies. There is no harm in a child thinking Santa clause is real like I said before I was always told as a young child Santa clause, the tooth fairy and the easter bunny are real and I don't feel like I was being taken advantage of in anyway
    it's taking advantage of a fragile and inexperienced mind, thus the only people to blame are those who said that santa was real in the first place

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it's taking advantage of a fragile and inexperienced mind, thus the only people to blame are those who said that santa was real in the first place
    meh I disagree but really do not want to get into a debate about something so stupid as Santa Clause rofl so I'll just agree to disagree with you
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bomb-Head

Latest Awards:

If the parents want to tell their children that Santa Clause is real then it's their prerogative and is in no way 'taking advantage' of them. It's been a tradition for years so it's not as if the parents have purposely lied to them about Santa Clause to set them up for a fall and watch them be upset when they find out he isn't real.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hmmm, it is a bit of a pointless reason for firing, but when you think about it, they would of found out in the future from parents. But at their age, Santa still has a few years left in them so it was a wrong time and wrong moment sort of situation

To solve this problem for future generations, just give your children presents in the middle of the night and don't hint towards a magical man who enters the house, just say they turned up. Or use religion and say Jesus was feeling in a good mood on his birthday. Your choice.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 28-12-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Lol, tbh if I was a parent of a child who believed in Santa then some substitute teacher said he wasn't real to my child I'd probz get angry.
    Same, Santa was a part of my child-hood. :/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234