HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

out of predicted grades at gcse

i got 7 higher than predicted
    3 correct
    and 2 below

they mean nothing

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    For someone who seems to have an IQ of more than 162, surely you know the correct grammar would be 'more clever' - instead of the 'cleverer' you used?

Also getting predicted straight A's doesn't mean that much - I am predicted 13 A*/A's. But in all honesty I am not going to get it lol.

---

However, I personally feel for the more clever people in comprehensive schools it is not too bad, however I definitely think that the ******s less academically intelligent people should be pushed harder to get good grades in English and Maths. At my school if they don't do a language they play connect 4. Or they spend one day a week at College. If anything surely it is the smarter people who should be wasting time?
    Ha thanks for pointing out my mistake, even Einstein made mistakes so remember that ;]

And yeah i agree with you, but at my school no one gets pushed :/. The clever ones get bored, the dumb ones sit and play on computers or go to college and it doesn't make sense. There are 9 sets for Maths & English, and I'm in Set 1 for both, yet I find myself finishing the work within 20 minutes and having to ask for more, whilst some people sit there not getting it..in set 1. Then you got to set 9 and they're sitting watching videos...wth? lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJRobbie View Post
    Ha thanks for pointing out my mistake, even Einstein made mistakes so remember that ;]

And yeah i agree with you, but at my school no one gets pushed :/. The clever ones get bored, the dumb ones sit and play on computers or go to college and it doesn't make sense. There are 9 sets for Maths & English, and I'm in Set 1 for both, yet I find myself finishing the work within 20 minutes and having to ask for more, whilst some people sit there not getting it..in set 1. Then you got to set 9 and they're sitting watching videos...wth? lol.
    you ask for more work... why the **** do you do that?

anyway set 9 are ******s, their teacher has probs given up on them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Selena Gomez View Post
    you ask for more work... why the **** do you do that?

anyway set 9 are ******s, their teacher has probs given up on them.
    Because I have nothing else to do. My friends & I were seperated in the first week for talking to much and well...I'd rather be doing something than nothing, unless it's poetry, in which case I go to sleep.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJRobbie View Post
    Because I have nothing else to do. My friends & I were seperated in the first week for talking to much and well...I'd rather be doing something than nothing, unless it's poetry, in which case I go to sleep.
    Finally we agree on something haha

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Set 9? christ our school went to set 5 and i thought they were ******ed, imagine 9.. **** me.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Special View Post
    no at secondary school i remember it be being easy. new rules would could out syaing more gomework should be given - this would last about a week and teachers would be back to their lazy ways and give next to none out
    haha I remember this, "homework timetables" were brought in where teachers had to give you a piece of homework on that day but a week later, that 'timetable' mysteriously vanished.

Anyway yeah, the education system is too politicial. A wide emphasis on targets and league tables means that students are often left at their target and that's that.. It happened a lot in my secondary school. Someone got a C but their teacher never pushed them further, never tried to get them higher, it was all 'right let's keep that up'. If you're predicted A*s and As then that's fine but it seems that the lower-intelligent aren't pushed further than their target as long as the school gets their 5 A*-C high percentage pass rate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123