Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Thoratix

Latest Awards:

Default [Idea] Big Monthly Event

I've had the idea that each month, say on the first sunday of the month, the events department can come together and host one big event which is harder than most events. Then all he events staff or a few can take part in running it. For example if it was a TC, ecah member of staff could host/ own one room, or if it was a maze each staff good have there own part of it.

Any good?
    LoveYouKelliee

Ex Events Organiser
    Ex HabboxLive DJ
    Ex Rare Values Reporter

"Never be afraid. Close your eyes and let go, the snow will take you" - Love to ski. Live to ski.

Originally Called Thoratix / Randomised

Tokens
    Habbo
    Molly.22

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Thoratix View Post
    I've had the idea that each month, say on the first sunday of the month, the events department can come together and host one big event which is harder than most events. Then all he events staff or a few can take part in running it. For example if it was a TC, ecah member of staff could host/ own one room, or if it was a maze each staff good have there own part of it.

Any good?
    At the moment we are looking into having a weekly event, there used to be one a few months ago but it just seemed to of stoped. Hopefully we can get this going.

With a TC, if each staff member hosted/owned the room it would be harder for everyone to get rights, if everyone hosted one room if that person has to go offline it would be difficult. If there was a TC, it would be easier for one or two people to own the rooms and distribute rights. I do like the idea of having a big event each month though.
    Hi

Wow, it's been a while.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not really related to something the events team run alone, but I've always liked the idea of an official Habbox Takeshis Castle which can be open constantly (allowing normal Habbos to buy rights, etc).. but it's always been shot down in the past It can both advertise Habbox and make credits to award in competitions from the sale of rights.

But yeah, there'll be a weekly event starting soon

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skizzling

Latest Awards:

A big event EVERY month would soon get boring and also when you have the HxSS it'll just lose it's touch and be boring, I think anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    A big event EVERY month would soon get boring and also when you have the HxSS it'll just lose it's touch and be boring, I think anyway.
    I agree with this, then all the excitement of HxSS will go to waste.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wikiii

Latest Awards:

I agree with Calvin and Shar no one will enjoy HxSS and HxEE like they used to ;p

x brandon x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We won't be holding a massive tournament each month as, agreed, it would get boring after a while; it's much better for them to be done on special occasions when there is an actual reason for one to be done. It is however likely that we will do a sort of "permanent game" weekly / monthly to award different kinds of prizes other than the generic single pieces of Habbo furni.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mathew; 27-10-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not as big as HxSS but it needs some biggER regular event. I personally love Mathew's idea for a takeshi's castle, obviously only trusted staff/members can buy rights but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Better than people and staff sitting in HelpDesk for hours on end.

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

I think the amount of daily events getting held in the coming weeks are quite good compared to previous months.
    But i don't think that there should be a big monthly event as it will make the big big big events seem boring and not as fun.
    forever the queen.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hey guys,

As Mathew and Molly said there will be a weekly event coming soon. We plan to release it after our themed events week in November (you'll hear more about this shortly). We have a few ideas going around including Takeshi's Castle and The Cube but there are some more that Roxy has in mind. There's currently the Pub Quiz which Mathew hosts on a weekly bases which offers a VIP prize as the weekly event will do also when it's running.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzling View Post
    This will not happen. HxSS is an exciting time for the Habbox Community and even if we tried we wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would over-shadow it. People may look at Habboxween as a mini-HxSS because of it's tournament and the main idea around it is to get loads of themed events done and get some people to sign up to Habboxforum (which they have). The only time you'll see what some people call a mini-HxSS is Halloween (maybe not even) and Christmas. Easter has something different as it's not recorded by a tournament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast