HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    iConz..

Latest Awards:

Default I'm struggling. [+rep]

Right, I've been at sixth form for like over a month now?
    I hate it. I love the friends I have their and the social aspect, but I absolutely hate the work, and I don't use hate lightly.

I have definitely chosen the subjects I enjoy the most, and it's just too much for me. I'm only doing 3 subjects, because I dropped maths straight away. The work itself just seems 10 times harder than I was prepared for and just seems like 10 times the amount I expected.
    I knew sixth form was meant to be hard, and I'm probably not the only person struggling.

I've already been given 4 concern things for not handing in homework/not keeping up in class etc. and in Biology I'm on a "Student Monitoring Program" because I'm behind and my work isn't up to scratch.

I really think I should drop out, because I feel absoloutely no motivation to do any work anymore, I'm not doing work to standard and I really don't want so sit in a class room being bored to death by something I hate.

I would love to get an apprenticeship, but like there's nothing I really want to do as it's all things like Mechanics and similar.

What do you think I should do? I want to leave. I really think I should, and perhaps focus completely on finding an apprenticeship or a job?

I found this thing about Skills For Health where like you train in health and go into medicine which I would absoloutely love to do.

Am I making the rich choice?

+REP To any good replies.

Thanks

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Well.. Its your life. If you genuinely hate the sixthform leave. In the bible it says do a job that you enjoy or helps others. If you want to do that medicine programme do it. But always be SURE because once you leave you can't go back.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

leave & apply for college at the new year??

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

My personal opinion is go to college. I, like yourself had no motivation to do any work at JCC. (My School).. I even go excluded in year 11, barely got by with 5 C's.. A lot of my friends went onto sixth form, hated it.. or tried to do the work and got awful grades. I however through the summer worked in a pub 12 hours a day (mum and dad were teaching me a lesson to show how hard life will be without good grades).

I then decided to go to college, where I was able to focus on doing something I really enjoyed. The people there were really nice and the teachers had more time for students as we only had 8 people to teach anyway. I finished with a BTEC of DDM - Equivalent to AAB at A level - I'm now at University.

Let me just say though no matter what you want to study it's going to be hard work. I spend must nights doing my uni coursework, college was hard but I enjoyed what I was doing. So it didn't seem so much of a drag. I'm glad I did it.

In Short: Drop out, and pick a good college course.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This time last year I was exactly like you, I was doing Law, English Combined and History. I actually liked English and History at GCSE level but taking it on at Sixth Form was a mistake. For whatever reason it just wasn't for me. Maybe it was because I'd gotten bored haven been at the school since year 7, maybe it was because I just didn't get on with the majority of people there for whatever reason but I needed to get out of it.

Dropped out around March and was going to go into the army but got rejected due to my left knee being messed. I went to college and currently doing Graphic Design. The difference in how I feel this year compared to last is huge. For me the whole college thing has helped. I've met some great people, not treated like a kid and I've gotten away from the Sixth Form business. The hours are good too, 10:30 start on a Monday... only two full days... start most days at 10AM and finish at 12:30 with a break inbetween... aha.

If you're looking at dropping now then take a look at a college, you'll be able to go in January if you apply now.

Tokens
    Habbo
    iConz..

Latest Awards:

Thanks everyone, gonna start looking around at college right now!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was at college and hated it and it made me ill because i became stressed out all of the time, so i decided to leave and it was the best thing I could have done at the time rather than making myself ill - now i dont know if you feel like that or not, but i just thought i would share a personal story of mine.

There should be some courses / apprentices starting in January so try to find a course where you just have to study on one specific course which should bring the work load down slightly.

Good luck with whatever you do
    :dance: McLaren F1 :dance: FC Barcelona :dance: Sheffield United FC :dance:

I have left for now but may return in the future!

Tokens
    Habbo
    HabbaJabba

Latest Awards:

I'm not gonna lie, I do a BTEC Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A Levels) in I.C.T. and the workload isn't extreme but there is a fair amount of effort you need to put in. On the other hand though, college is most probably the best solution for you. Just remember though, if you do take up a BTEC, it's 100% coursework, so just make sure you do the work before the deadlines and you're all sorted.