HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Wikiii

Latest Awards:

My school is terrible too. We aren't even allowed to wear scarves unless it has our schools logo on. How pathetic is that? We can't wear headbands unless they are black. I don't get why we aren't allowed because we obviously won't have our scarf on in lesson lol.. It doesn't even spoil the uniform just makes our school look really strict and apparently good lol

x brandon x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A uniform is in place for a very good reason. As someone said earlier in this thread, it makes every pupil equal in appearance, it's a dress code, similar to that of the forces. Presumably no one is better dressed, or expected to keep up with the latest fashions or trends, or mocked for their clothing. You shouldn't be able to tell whether someone comes from a poor or wealthy background. Also when you go on a school trip, with 30 or 40 pupils, you can be more quickly identified in a crowd. Finally school is a place to be taught, and not a fashion show. You are still you, whatever you wear. Aren't you?

If you have a problem with the school dress code, surely you have year representatives who can take on your concern assuming others feel the same. Change only happens if you challenge what you think is wrong.
    It's the quality of your posts that count, not the quantity!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wikiii

Latest Awards:

By the way I don't mind that we have to wear our uniform it's just I don't really want a scarf with my school logo on

x brandon x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Im in year nine, and we'd look the same, but with different type black shoes, they're just getting picky by telling us which shoes we need to have, my dad went out and bought some mahooooosive brick shoes and they were £18, went back today and your allowed to wear ballerina shoes again so im not happy.

I'm in a group called ssig (student school improvement group) and as soon as we brought up uniforms they shunned the idea away saying there was wayy more important things in school than uniform, and we was like wtf why is the school getting so obsessed with it!

Parents are protesting against it and everything, should be quite fun.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlice View Post
    A uniform is in place for a very good reason. As someone said earlier in this thread, it makes every pupil equal in appearance, it's a dress code, similar to that of the forces. Presumably no one is better dressed, or expected to keep up with the latest fashions or trends, or mocked for their clothing. You shouldn't be able to tell whether someone comes from a poor or wealthy background. Also when you go on a school trip, with 30 or 40 pupils, you can be more quickly identified in a crowd. Finally school is a place to be taught, and not a fashion show. You are still you, whatever you wear. Aren't you?

If you have a problem with the school dress code, surely you have year representatives who can take on your concern assuming others feel the same. Change only happens if you challenge what you think is wrong.
    I agree with this completely. The only thing is, in my school they're completely hypocritical, allowing some students to wear what they want and they're like troublemakers aswell which isn't really fair. I think the main problem with school uniform is not the uniform itself but the fact they do not treat all students equally.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't think you can deny that a strict uniform policy makes a school look much more credible.
    hi

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Callum. View Post
    Don't think you can deny that a strict uniform policy makes a school look much more credible.
    This.

You said that they shunned the idea of you changing the uniform.. Why should you need to/ want to... It's only clothes. I had to wear a brick red Blazer in high school.. Everyday, without fail. And I did. I wasn't happy but you get on with it. You're at school to learn not be the next best thing on the cat walk..
    Sounds like someone wants to get.... funky.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

What clothes you wear doesn't affect your education.

And also, if someone wants to bully another person they'll find a way. Example; shoes, haircut, state of their uniform (2nd hand), school bag, jacket.

Numerous things can be picked out. If the school use he prevention of bullying as an excuse then they need to force everyone to wear the same shoes, jackets, have the same hair and have the same bags. And no that isnt realistic so that won't be happening therefore the whole point of uniforms is void.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

An exclusion is a bit silly for not wearing uniform. :S Bit harsh.

I'd be pretty outraged if I had to wear school uniform like that because in my school we don't wear school uniform at all. Ever.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    What clothes you wear doesn't affect your education.

And also, if someone wants to bully another person they'll find a way. Example; shoes, haircut, state of their uniform (2nd hand), school bag, jacket.

Numerous things can be picked out. If the school use he prevention of bullying as an excuse then they need to force everyone to wear the same shoes, jackets, have the same hair and have the same bags. And no that isnt realistic so that won't be happening therefore the whole point of uniforms is void.
    you're missing the point.

just because you would be ok with it, it doesnt mean that someone from a poorer background would be. they could be self conscious about what they're wearing cos its not fashionable, and it would take the attention away for what you're at school to do, learn.

its not about being bullied but if someones wearing clothing thats second hand or not fashionable they will get more stick for it than having a 'bad haircut'. and like you said making pupils all have the same haircut, shoes etc isnt realistic. but a uniform is. it identifies what school you are and makes you a part of it. and like already said many times, when you go to work you will have a uniform so get used to it.

saying all that i dont actually mind my school uniform so...
    you can be my daddy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123