HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    EIP doesn't really have the same ring to it does it :L
    True...But still.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I'm watching the Welsh Assembly, UKIP expected to pickup 3/60 AMs for the first time judging by Yougov prediction the other day. The extent of the Liberal Democrat collapse will also be interesting, especially in Liverpool and the north in general - it will be interesting to see what party rises in these areas to challenge Labour in the future if this is indeed the end of the Liberal Democrats.
    I have to say this was a master piece of PR from Nigel Farage. You have to give the man credit. They came nowhere near getting on the regional list let alone winning a seat outright. It was classic though - they said Nigel Farage was on his way to Newport and a few minutes later he was in a studio in London!!
    Chilling for the Lib dems though. BNP beat them in two seats. I am pretty happy with the outcome though
    - Labour did very well and the Conservatives are now in second place with the nationalists in third which should stop any more money being spent on the welsh language which has grown out of all proportion to the amount of first language welsh speakers. The Scottish results are quite outstanding really and could be a blessing in disguise as they have promised all things to all people which I can't see them delivering so
    they could be in for a very rocky ride when the honeymoon period is over. As far as an independence referendum is concerned he was quite reticent to say when so I feel he knows that there is really no real appetite for it. The rhetoric will have to stop now he is in power but you never do know, I guess.

Tokens
    Habbo
    transcripts

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catz View Post
    I have to say this was a master piece of PR from Nigel Farage. You have to give the man credit. They came nowhere near getting on the regional list let alone winning a seat outright. It was classic though - they said Nigel Farage was on his way to Newport and a few minutes later he was in a studio in London!!
    Chilling for the Lib dems though. BNP beat them in two seats. I am pretty happy with the outcome though
    - Labour did very well and the Conservatives are now in second place with the nationalists in third which should stop any more money being spent on the welsh language which has grown out of all proportion to the amount of first language welsh speakers. The Scottish results are quite outstanding really and could be a blessing in disguise as they have promised all things to all people which I can't see them delivering so
    they could be in for a very rocky ride when the honeymoon period is over. As far as an independence referendum is concerned he was quite reticent to say when so I feel he knows that there is really no real appetite for it. The rhetoric will have to stop now he is in power but you never do know, I guess.
    Obviously I'm going to disagree on the whole welsh speaking spending However it shows the different attitudes towards to the two national parties in their countries. The fact plaid lost seats and SNP had massive gains is outstanding and I'm sure plaid will be asking questions to as why aren't they having as much success at their scottish counterparts.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Obviously I'm going to disagree on the whole welsh speaking spending However it shows the different attitudes towards to the two national parties in their countries. The fact plaid lost seats and SNP had massive gains is outstanding and I'm sure plaid will be asking questions to as why aren't they having as much success at their scottish counterparts.
    Well I don't mind it being proportionate at all to the amount if people who speak welsh but as far as I am concerned it is well over the top especially when there is bigger prioriies like education, jobs, health etc

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Farage did go to Newport despite what you are saying, infact it was live in the studio that David Dimbleby stated that Farage was leaving in a few moments to go to Newport where UKIP expected to pick up a few seats. UKIP did expect to pick up the seats, not the words of just UKIP put also the Yougov poll beforehand predicting UKIP to pick up 3 AMs from the regional list. It was the better-than-expected performance of the Liberal Democrats in terms of % which denied them these seats I think as polls beforehand put them both on a par.

So no, it wasn't spin or PR which is what you are getting at and I don't think a member of the party which is home to Alistair Campbell or Peter Mandelson can accuse anybody of spin. Nice try though.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...ror__for_loss/
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Farage did go to Newport despite what you are saying, infact it was live in the studio that David Dimbleby stated that Farage was leaving in a few moments to go to Newport where UKIP expected to pick up a few seats. UKIP did expect to pick up the seats, not the words of just UKIP put also the Yougov poll beforehand predicting UKIP to pick up 3 AMs from the regional list. It was the better-than-expected performance of the Liberal Democrats in terms of % which denied them these seats I think as polls beforehand put them both on a par.

So no, it wasn't spin or PR which is what you are getting at and I don't think a member of the party which is home to Alistair Campbell or Peter Mandelson can accuse anybody of spin. Nice try though.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...ror__for_loss/
    I actually wasn't criticising - I thought it was a brilliant move. I know that it was announced he was leaving but did he actually go? Exactly what constituences did they try for because I didn't see a UKIP candidate all night and there is no mention of them in the Newport results. They would have had to come second or third to be even considered for the regional list?
    Last edited by Catzsy; 07-05-2011 at 03:55 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I actually wasn't criticising - I thought it was a brilliant move. I know that it was announced he was leaving but did he actually go? Exactly what constituences did they try for because I didn't see a UKIP candidate all night and there is no mention of them in the Newport results.
    They would have had to come second or third to be even considered for the regional list?
    Well it wasn't really a move, polls the night/couple of nights before indictated they were going to pick 3 AMs up and the 5% mark they were predicted they actually got in terms of votes, again I think it was due to the better-than-expected performance of the Liberal Democrats that stopped it along with the part I mention below about the consituencys. He's hardly going to say UKIP was on course to win seats and drive to Newport only to look defeated when he got there (as they were).

And they didn't try for consituencys I don't think, they say in the link that might have been why they didn't pick them up.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-05-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

Well it wasn't really a move, polls the night/couple of nights before indictated they were going to pick 3 AMs up and the 5% mark they were predicted they actually got in terms of votes, again I think it was due to the better-than-expected performance of the Liberal Democrats that stopped it along with the part I mention below about the consituencys. He's hardly going to say UKIP was on course to win seats and drive to Newport only to look defeated when he got there (as they were).

And they didn't try for consituencys I don't think, they say in the link that might have been why they didn't pick them up.
    I appreciate it wasn't a move as such but I was admiring him not being sarky!
    Okay so they must have just been named on the second ballot paper for votes then. They probably would have been better standing then because the BNP actually beat the lib dems
    in two seats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123