HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Contract need help ASAP +repz

Basically right i signed my contract 6 months ago and have never recieved a copy of it. I googled it and it says i should of had one within 2 months of signing it but i havnt. I asked tuesday for a copy of it and he was like yehyeh no problem but still havnt recieved a copy, So today i snuck into the office and robbed my contract to take home and photocopy. (Probably get sacked for it but i dont care)

Now i checked the contract because he wants me to change my uniform i currently wear trackie bottoms trainers & a old tshirt as im in the kitchen & he WONT provide me with any chef whites. He wants me to wear jeans and a shirt but im not ruining my £40 jeans & a £15 shirt everytime i go into the kitchen? So he said well you can bring them in to change into everytime you cook something. (I work on bar but if someone orders food i have to go up and cook it on my own) Now to me im not changing into jeans everytime i come down from cooking as we cook**** from 20-50 meals a day in a space of 4 hours. Meaning ill have to change 20-50 times a day before i come back down.

Now the contract had my signature but where theres is supposed to be it says "Signature ...(my signature crossed out because i messed it up).. for and on behalf of company" now its my signature there crossed out so surely if they havnt signed it then the contract is void?
    Last edited by Jake; 01-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you've probably voided yr contract by stealing yr contract ha. sorry to be blunt, but i imagine that's the response you'd receive when you raise anything.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeh but i will put it back without them knowing no cameras in office

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordan:A

Latest Awards:

about the clothes issue -
    Why don't you get some cheap clothes to work in?

~ "Difference is brilliant, difference is what makes this world"

Tokens

to be honest if it's what your boss wants you to do then you're at a dead end. sure, you can start getting the contract out and saying you don't have to but then your boss will just be infuriated and try and find another way of getting at you. personally, i'd say do what your boss wants. they pay your wage at the end of the day

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan:A View Post
    about the clothes issue -
    Why don't you get some cheap clothes to work in?
    Because i do 12 hours a week cos hes put my hours right down cos i dont have a car atm went from 40 to 12 and now hes saying hurry up and get a car? im on the same money i would be if i was signing on and i have rent / phone & other bills i have to pay so im practically left with £20 a week atm
    Quote Originally Posted by intense View Post
    to be honest if it's what your boss wants you to do then you're at a dead end. sure, you can start getting the contract out and saying you don't have to but then your boss will just be infuriated and try and find another way of getting at you. personally, i'd say do what your boss wants. they pay your wage at the end of the day
    Because if its not stated in my contract then he has no right to tell me what to wear and the fact ive spent a year wearing it and only just has it become an issue for him its tough if he wanted me to wear a uniform from the start he should of said then not a year down the line. & he singles me out no end i get told off for doing little things that everyone else does every 5 minites and im fed up of taking his crap so im refusing to do this if i dont legally have to.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If your contract states that you must follow their uniform guidelines then you're stumped.
    blunt but true.
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But theres nothing in the contract about uniform? so does that mean i can refuse?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yeah.
    keep in mind an employer can easily find an excuse to fire you though.

meet him half way, ask if he's happy to help you purchase it. explain it's not possible for you to afford it and if he could assist you it would help.
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Uniforms are part of work, if you're working the bar and in view of the customers, it's only professional to look decent, not scruffy. You can pick jeans up cheap as chips these days, and if you value your job, you would just get some.

There's no contract to be signed at my place, but we still have to wear uniforms, even when all i did is STAY in the kitchen and clean, i have shirt and pants on. I say stop playing the rebel and just accept the rules, even if they are new!
    (h)(h)(h)