Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    And if they really wanted it then I'm sure they would get the version that has it included.
    An inconvenience. Anywho my point stands, Apple cannot be generalized as stupid because they had several security exploits, because Microsoft has had security exploits and every software developer under the sun is going to be careless at some point in their career and accidentally leave a nasty trail or a backdoor open in the wrong place. Either everyone within reason is stupid, or nobody is.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HotelUser View Post
    An inconvenience. Anywho my point stands, Apple cannot be generalized as stupid because they had several security exploits, because Microsoft has had security exploits and every software developer under the sun is going to be careless at some point in their career and accidentally leave a nasty trail or a backdoor open in the wrong place. Either everyone within reason is stupid, or nobody is.
    It isn't really.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

An inconvenience.
    I can hear Winnie the Pooh exclaiming "oh bother" because his bank details and personal information has been stolen by cyber-criminals already.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You also brought up IE and it speaks for itself why IE is stupid so I'm not going to bother explaining it in my post.
    I think you will find you did in the first reply you made in this thread Perhaps you should stop blind raging over something you appear to not use, you seem to be getting judged on your lack of knowledge and, as evident in this post, blind accusations.

And my point still stands that Apple seem to shovel blame to their customers rather than fix the problem quickly (this problem took long enough to fix). All companies can be stupid, but real stupidity is carelessly taking your time fixing what can be quite serious, while at the same time denying all knowledge and not taking the blame. Stop playing the Apple Knight, they won't give you a job or free things, and you're coming off as a bit of a religious fanatic
    Last edited by GommeInc; 15-05-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    fotografia

Latest Awards:

Not really going to bother reading through this thread because I am sure there is plenty of "Told you so - Apple is terrible," going on. If there isn't, big up to HxF.

This could have happened anywhere. Personal data leaks like this have happened across the board and definitely in places with more serious consequences. There are online banking and payment sites all over the world that have experienced user information breaches over the years because of one poor coder. This literally has nothing to do with Apple's coding practice other than the fact that this mistake happened with a release of an Apple operating system. Taking the torch to Apple over this is like taking an issue with the fact that you got an undercooked burger from Burger King even though you have gotten plenty from McDonalds and saying Burger King is terrible.

What I mean to say here is that this really has nothing to do with Apple's security. It was the work of one human who made a mistake who just happened to be employed by Apple. This could have happened to anyone from Microsoft to Neopets (or even, say, NASA).

I didn't see a four page thread of people talking about the fact that someone working for a hugely important agency in the American government had the password 'nasa1234'. Oh wait, not one person — eight. Five of them chose 'llama'. A difficult captcha would be more secure than that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by jasey View Post
    Not really going to bother reading through this thread because I am sure there is plenty of "Told you so - Apple is terrible," going on. If there isn't, big up to HxF.

This could have happened anywhere. Personal data leaks like this have happened across the board and definitely in places with more serious consequences. There are online banking and payment sites all over the world that have experienced user information breaches over the years because of one poor coder. This literally has nothing to do with Apple's coding practice other than the fact that this mistake happened with a release of an Apple operating system. Taking the torch to Apple over this is like taking an issue with the fact that you got an undercooked burger from Burger King even though you have gotten plenty from McDonalds and saying Burger King is terrible.

What I mean to say here is that this really has nothing to do with Apple's security. It was the work of one human who made a mistake who just happened to be employed by Apple. This could have happened to anyone from Microsoft to Neopets (or even, say, NASA).

I didn't see a four page thread of people talking about the fact that someone working for a hugely important agency in the American government had the password 'nasa1234'. Oh wait, not one person — eight. Five of them chose 'llama'. A difficult captcha would be more secure than that.
    It has everything to do with Apple's practices though, whether it be security oriented or not. The fact that a debug flag could be left set and be pushed out to the public like this is ridiculous. I hope Apple test, QA and test some more when it concerns updates that are due to be pushed out to the public.

How something as simple like this got through what should have been many lines of people before being authorised to be pushed out is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123