HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Default Disabling a habboxforum account

Is it possible to add something so we can disable our accounts or make them private for a period of time? Obviously if we had the feature people would be messing around with it, being dramatic and disabling their accounts every week so say for example you'd have to wait a month to re-enable it. I'm just ******** it in case anyone irl ever reads some of my posts on the forum so embarrassing. I know we'll still have posts but maybe those who disable their accounts, their username temporarily changes to 'unknown'. It's not even just friends I'm worried about, what happens if I run for president and then some *** sees a post on here i created being racist to another user FML
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Any sort of plugin that is out there just gives the user the option to delete their profile / posts altogether and I personally wouldn't want that on HabboxForum. It would just mess up threads and would get quite messy if a number of people do it, I also doubt Jin will agree to it as well. Because we do at times use posts and other information as evidence if we ever get the local authorities involved with something specific. Not only that, once those posts/account is gone then it's gone - We sure aren't going to start messing with backups if a user changes their mind a week or two down the road.

Anyway,

In terms of having a name change to something random then I would suggest about having your username changed to your user ID. As every user has their own unique ID. If the same user is going to keep doing that within a short period of time then their request would probably get rejected.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 06-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Simple solution, don't post stuff you'd be ashamed of saying in real life.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    Simple solution, don't post stuff you'd be ashamed of saying in real life.
    I'm not really ashamed of what i post these days but I am from years ago.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm not really ashamed of what i post these days but I am from years ago.
    Doesn't matter, most people say stupid stuff If people are bothering to look at your past posts then they have far too much spare time on their hands

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Doesn't matter, most people say stupid stuff If people are bothering to look at your past posts then they have far too much spare time on their hands
    I guess I'm just paranoid but there's still that possibility!
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

something that i always worry about is photos in papoy, if someone sees them irl and are like WHY IS MY PHOTO ON HERE??? even though it's private but could happen you never know

Tokens
    Habbo
    urmum

Latest Awards:

Default Re: Disabling a habboxforum account

Stupid thread. If anyone wants to read every post I've made on this forum in 8years they're more than welcome to

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yonder

Latest Awards:

I do get embarrassed by some of the threads/posts and the way i articulated back when i first joined but i was also a lot younger then so it is understandable. I do agree do not post anything that is racist etc as this is against the rules. But if you really do not want people to know who you are IRL use a name to differentiate yourself and try not to share personal info or share HxF with IRL people.

I am obviously not called Yonder in real life, some people do know my real name on here. If you are that worried try to keep both your real life and your HxF presence separate.