HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

phil's post is off-topic honestly, it would have been dealt with if it was anyone else..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    only a few weeks or so ago everyone was praising the forum department. what's gone wrong?
    Thats nothing new. As soon as you do something that somebody doesn't like they turn on you.

The system for pointless posting works slightly different to other rules. You will start off with PM's for all of your pointless posts, however if it gets to the point where you've made 10 pointless posts in a day or two then you will be put onto a caution. The caution lasts 2 to 3 days and can be reduced or extended depending on how you behave while on the caution.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

the other day sam me and laura all posted off topic and it was just moved to a privbate forum lol

hxf staff: germany
    hxf members: britain
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Dinner.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by iPhil View Post
    I would argue they're probably better because they're actually on topic..

I can't answer your question on how mods find week old edits unless they are fishing for them or they are reported to a SMOD. I'd hope the mods are reading the threads more than once per week
    But my point is, is a one word on topic post any better than a longer off topic post? To me, they both seem equally valid for 'pointless posting'.

I mean, Skandair got warned for saying 'Alone' in the Who do you go shopping with thread? But Emily didn't get warned for saying 2011 in the 'When were you last in an Ambulance'.

So even if we only include short on-topic answers, some people get warned, others don't.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

does sam get a pm?

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...73#post8088973
    @Samanfa; sorry for bullying u
    i used to put the names of my favourite singers here... then i realised nobody cared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skandair View Post
    the other day sam me and laura all posted off topic and it was just moved to a privbate forum lol

hxf staff: germany
    hxf members: britain
    I moved these because it was about two pages of off topic posting and rather than leaving them all there and editing each one, I removed the negative atmosphere from the thread.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
    phil's post is off-topic honestly, it would have been dealt with if it was anyone else..
    I'd disagree, if we enforced pointless posting for posts like that, those threads essentially become dead. When I quote other people and reply to them, I always find it stupid to put at the end of my post:

OT; I go bed at midnight
    Even though I already said that in my first post in the thread. Just seems silly.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    But my point is, is a one word on topic post any better than a longer off topic post? To me, they both seem equally valid for 'pointless posting'.

I mean, Skandair got warned for saying 'Alone' in the Who do you go shopping with thread? But Emily didn't get warned for saying 2011 in the 'When were you last in an Ambulance'.

So even if we only include short on-topic answers, some people get warned, others don't.
    You're right here. There should be some consistency in the way posts are edited, but at the moment nobody seems to know what is pointless and what isn't. It's difficult to revise the rules because we could end up with problems either way.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    if we enforced pointless posting for posts like that, those threads essentially become dead.
    Not a huge loss considering there's no discussion in them at all anyway
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast