http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30326628
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...uesthouse.html

Gogglebox's Steph and Dom meet Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage fell down the steps and soaked his trousers during a drunken evening with Gogglebox's Steph and Dom

Quote Originally Posted by BBC (state) News
UKIP leader Nigel Farage is to appear with Channel 4's Gogglebox stars Steph and Dom Parker in a TV special.

Mr Farage joined the couple at the guesthouse they run in Sandwich, Kent, for an "alcohol-fuelled" encounter, to be aired later this month.

The night ended with UKIP's leader falling over and having to borrow a pair of his host's trousers.

Channel 4 says the couple gave Mr Farage a "grilling" during the evening.

The meeting was filmed for "Steph and Dom Meet Nigel Farage", a spin-off from the popular Gogglebox series on Channel 4.

Nigel Farage says he was "taking a risk" appearing on the show

Quote Originally Posted by BBC (state) News
The politician, who regularly poses for pictures with beer glass in hand, said he had two pints and "about five or six glasses" of wine and champagne during the night. As he left, he stumbled on a step, breaking a champagne glass and spilling the contents on his trousers.

He ended the programme in a pair of ripped jeans borrowed from Dom Parker.

Mr Farage, who said he smashed the glass because of a "physical incapacity" which is a legacy of his 2010 plane crash, told the Radio Times he had a "rip-roaring" evening.

The Parkers - known as the "posh couple" - have become stars after their tipsy appearances on the Channel 4 show.

Mr Farage admitted he had doubts about doing the programme, saying: "Was I taking a risk going in there? Yes, I was... Politics today is so thoroughly over-scripted. All the rough edges and all the risk is knocked off, and that is why it has become desperately dull. I thought they were genuine and... people who like me will like it."

"Steph and Dom meet Nigel Farage" will be aired on Channel 4 on Monday 15 December at 22:00 GMT.
Naturally i'll watch.

I barely watch television and only end up watching because of my housemates, but Gogglebox as a concept is a pretty good idea - similar to the Royle Family - where something so simple and little action can be quite funny/interesting. Hope it's same format for this special.

Thoughts?