HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

The smaller the engine, the better.
    Parents as named drivers also bring the price down too
    Black boxes make it cheaper too, but I really wouldn't go for one of them

i got a shitty little R reg fiesta as my first car, my insurance was £700. Getting my no claims up on my first couple of cars brought my insurance down to below £300 until I crashed last year and now my insurance is around £500, because my dad opted to up his insurance premiums whilst keeping his no claims so mine stayed at a lower price, but yeah, basically go for what's affordable until you get enough experience to bring prices down.

even new fiestas have 1 litre engines that have fairly low insurance costs in the scheme of things

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

my cars like 2k a year now so

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alysha View Post
    The smaller the engine, the better.
    Parents as named drivers also bring the price down too
    Black boxes make it cheaper too, but I really wouldn't go for one of them

i got a shitty little R reg fiesta as my first car, my insurance was £700. Getting my no claims up on my first couple of cars brought my insurance down to below £300 until I crashed last year and now my insurance is around £500, because my dad opted to up his insurance premiums whilst keeping his no claims so mine stayed at a lower price, but yeah, basically go for what's affordable until you get enough experience to bring prices down.

even new fiestas have 1 litre engines that have fairly low insurance costs in the scheme of things
    Thank you Alysha x

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alysha View Post
    The smaller the engine, the better
    FULL ON FLINGS A SMARTCAR AT YOU oi 0.7L engine have fun on that hill ;|||||||| hiya

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    my cars like 2k a year now so
    Wait what that's a ridiculous amount especially if you've been driving for 6+ years are you driving a Panzer
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I mean the car not the insurance

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Put the car in your mum or dad's name and have you as a named driver. It'll work out significantly cheaper, and maybe even more so if you add the other parent also as a named driver.

Only problem with this method is you're not clocking up a no claims bonus, but you can start building that once you've had the licence for a couple years (as insurance gets cheaper with your age and also the age of the licence).
    Last edited by Firehorse; 20-10-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Like x-s-x Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
    Put the car in your mum or dad's name and have you as a named driver. It'll work out significantly cheaper, and maybe even more so if you add the other parent also as a named driver.

Only problem with this method is you're not clocking up a no claims bonus, but you can start building that once you've had the licence for a couple years (as insurance gets cheaper with your age and also the age of the licence).
    and if you're parents aren't found to be the main drivers then you're insurance will just void your claim and gl with insurance for 5 years.

it's also illegal and called fronting.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

You ideally want a 1 litre car in the lowest insurance bracket (google it), drive that for a year, get a no claims bonus then work your way up (Don't be put as a named driver, as though cheaper, you dont get a No claims bonus which lowers your insurance, but add your parents to yours if they've been driving a while and had no claims as this brings it down) You won't get anything fancy at 19 without paying an absolute fortune, then if you crash, well, you're ****!!

For comparison, I have a 1.4l VW polo, this now costs me around £400 a year. I've been driving for 3 years, so it's taken time to lower it down and the no claims helps too. Also doing less miles (or claiming that you do) lowers the insurance, as the less you drive, the less of a risk you are.

In in my first year, I had a 1l corsa, the insurance was like 2k, but nothing I could do about it at 19, that was basically the lowest insurance bracket you can get
    Last edited by e5; 20-10-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    Like x-s-x Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

Thank you everyone, I'm thinking of getting a smart car just for the first year or two

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sibeel View Post
    Thank you everyone, I'm thinking of getting a smart car just for the first year or two
    i realllllllly wouldnt recommend that at all, my mum had a smart car for a number of years so unless things have changed since then this is why its not a gr8 idea;
    smart cars might seem like a good option upfront however if it breaks it will be so ridiculously expensive because they only use mercedes parts, which as im sure ull know, mercedes are v expensive so parts and labour will add up to so much more than if you got a different brand car
    unless with the recent 'return' of smart cars theyve changed how their parts work and who can do it etc, youll be forking out a lot for repairs

sooooo unless you plan on getting a relatively new one which will hopefully have no faults at the beginning, i wouldnt recommend it cos in the long run youre more likely to pay more !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast