HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default quality of life wishes

just talking with mum about it then

i think a lot of people don't tell others this which is why families are stuck if it ever comes to it. but say you had a major stroke or were paralysed or suffered brain injuries with significant risk of being damaged in some way, what would your wishes be in relation to being either woken up from the coma or being let go

i told my mum then NEVER bring me back round if there's a significant (30% odd) or more chance that i'm well and truly ****. no thank you! and she was like oh but you'd feel guilty at same time well tbh you should feel more guilty if you do bring someone back round and they're bed bound with zero quality of life.

said before death doesn't scare me but not being in control of my death does scare me!!!

wbu

Tokens
    Habbo
    EricaAmanda

Latest Awards:

id want to be let go, and tbh, this may sound really bad but, if my children or husband or other relatives would be in a coma and i would get to be the decider, i would let them go if the chance of damage is high.

Noone should have to go through waking up from a coma with damage, the coma itself is bad enough.
    >.> Abused by hotel management <.<

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

In regards to something like a coma itd all depend on the chances of me waking up if the doctor said no chance of me waking up then id want to be let go.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I was thinking about this this morning tbh. I dunno like if it got to the point where I couldn't do even the most simple of tasks like wipe my own bum nd my dignity has gone then I'd definitely consider it but I think if I was mentally still there I'd keep hanging on yknow like it's better than nothing. But if I was in that state and I wasn't mentally there then yeah let me go.

Tho if I was in a coma and there was little to no chance of me waking up then it doesn't really bother me cos obv it wont make a diff to me! I'd leave it up to my family to decide cos they might find comfort in me still being there even tho I'm a veggie, so if it makes them happy then sure keep me alive.

Slightly steering off topic here (well, a lot off topic x) but i just thought of it nd im rlly interested in the answer, u know if theres a serious accident so lets say a plane crash nd theres like 50 dead nd 50 wounded but awake so making noises but then youre there knocked out. chances are theyre gonna ignore the ones lying on the floor not moving until all the awake nd wounded ones are sorted right? so my q is do you reckon a lot of people die just cos theyre not treated first cos people don't realise theyre alive?
    does that even make sense

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I want nothing. If I'm in a coma and the doctors say I'm not gonna make it, pull the plug. I NEVER wanted a PEG feeding tube, I never want things that will prolong my life for no bloody reason. I'll take all the DNRs I can get, etc.

We tried to agree with my dad that we would only make decisions that improve his quality of life rather than the length, but we got pushed into doing things by his nursing home and now I find myself spending a lot of time wondering what the point is. Don't think I'd ever want to go into a nursing home cos of this cos my dad's doctor has told the home that he's never to be given antibiotics and yet we found out they were quietly giving him antibiotics last week and not telling anyone because they thought it was best?! Makes me furious.

Length does not equal quality and I'd rather have a great 60 years and that's it than 80 years but 20 years of being a vegetable.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

a lot of you are saying if there's no chance though

but what if its like 50/50 what then would be your instruction to family for yourself

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Either way, any circumstance, I'd have to go with pull the plug if there was a low chance of my quality being improved.