HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I hate it !!
    i think its so stupidly rubbish
    why should some people get it and others not !
    either give it to everyone or no one.
    no one spends it on college !!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Everyone who doesn't get EMA and comes out with sob stories about how your parents don't spoil you, shut up.

Yeah ok, your parents go to work, get there money and have to pay for taxes, mortgages, food, bills and all that. Congratulations, join everyone else. The point is that your parents get more than someone elses, and it's highly likely that the difference is much more than £1000, which is about how much you'll get per year on EMA. Oh noez, they don't give you £30 a week, boo hoo. You're still better off than us, whether personally or not, and in times of need your families will be more able to help you financially.

Someone said their dad earns £100,000 a year, and yet complained that they didn't get EMA. You can call EMA a disgusting waste of money or whatever, but what's even more disgusting is that rich people complain because they want more. My mum earns something like £18,000 a year I think, less than a fifth of this guy's dad, and yet he complains about £1000PA.

Yeah I get £30 a week to spend as I will, but no I don't have all the other luxuries that richer families have. We have a nice house sure, and I'm proud of my mum for keeping it as she does with the money she has, and I'm grateful for every penny she spends on us and for every penny that I get from EMA which means I don't have to sponge off her, but we don't have the best cars, the premium foods, the newest gadgets, the big brand clothes and accessories. If you're richer than the EMA cut-off amount, then don't complain about £1000 difference that we get personally just because it's not you that has it.

Also Al, you usually come up with some decent arguments but you wrote such a load of hot ******* about parents not working and living off benefits. I don't know what people are like in Scotland but the only person I know whose parents live off benefits and/or isn't looking for work is someone whose mum can't because she has MS.

I wasn't planning on getting into this argument properly (as you may tell from my earlier post), but when people are so pig ignorant about reality it really does make me wonder what goes through peoples' minds other than themselves.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Everyone who doesn't get EMA and comes out with sob stories about how your parents don't spoil you, shut up.

Yeah ok, your parents go to work, get there money and have to pay for taxes, mortgages, food, bills and all that. Congratulations, join everyone else. The point is that your parents get more than someone elses, and it's highly likely that the difference is much more than £1000, which is about how much you'll get per year on EMA. Oh noez, they don't give you £30 a week, boo hoo. You're still better off than us, whether personally or not, and in times of need your families will be more able to help you financially.

Someone said their dad earns £100,000 a year, and yet complained that they didn't get EMA. You can call EMA a disgusting waste of money or whatever, but what's even more disgusting is that rich people complain because they want more. My mum earns something like £18,000 a year I think, less than a fifth of this guy's dad, and yet he complains about £1000PA.

Yeah I get £30 a week to spend as I will, but no I don't have all the other luxuries that richer families have. We have a nice house sure, and I'm proud of my mum for keeping it as she does with the money she has, and I'm grateful for every penny she spends on us and for every penny that I get from EMA which means I don't have to sponge off her, but we don't have the best cars, the premium foods, the newest gadgets, the big brand clothes and accessories. If you're richer than the EMA cut-off amount, then don't complain about £1000 difference that we get personally just because it's not you that has it.

Also Al, you usually come up with some decent arguments but you wrote such a load of hot ******* about parents not working and living off benefits. I don't know what people are like in Scotland but the only person I know whose parents live off benefits and/or isn't looking for work is someone whose mum can't because she has MS.

I wasn't planning on getting into this argument properly (as you may tell from my earlier post), but when people are so pig ignorant about reality it really does make me wonder what goes through peoples' minds other than themselves.

What about thoose of Us non Ema, that miss the cut off by 10,000 ... or 20,000 with large families .... doesn't mean we are better off then a single parrent family earning 17,000

But then again.... each week a child benefit allowance which i personally see none of can bring in another £20

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Miss the cut off by £10-20k? That's a lot of extra money for you to be worrying about £1k, and yeah there's child benefits for bigger families. I have 2 other siblings, and we get child benefits for me and my brother (my sister's 20 so get nothing for her), but we don't see it personally because that's not what it's for.

The point of EMA isn't to give you money so your parents don't have to - I'm well aware that most parents don't dish out £30 a week to their kids. The point is that people earning under £30kPA generally can't afford to give their kids extra money for college even if they would like to.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

...The point of EMA isn't to give you money so your parents don't have to - I'm well aware that most parents don't dish out £30 a week to their kids. The point is that people earning under £30kPA generally can't afford to give their kids extra money for college even if they would like to.
    Thats well put, Getting 10k over the limit makes a very big difference, as that 10k might not be spent on you, but generally it means your parents can afford to pay for you, if they dont then you should contact a certain place, or college as im sure they do funds for people who cant afford and all.

EMA is nothing compared to some wages you can earn.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Miss the cut off by £10-20k? That's a lot of extra money for you to be worrying about £1k, and yeah there's child benefits for bigger families. I have 2 other siblings, and we get child benefits for me and my brother (my sister's 20 so get nothing for her), but we don't see it personally because that's not what it's for.

The point of EMA isn't to give you money so your parents don't have to - I'm well aware that most parents don't dish out £30 a week to their kids. The point is that people earning under £30kPA generally can't afford to give their kids extra money for college even if they would like to.

To be Honest... i know that i miss the the border for EMA by a tiny bit and i can't consider my parrents well off, it would be lying to say they are the poor peeps who normally get ema but still... i work the same as everyone else and have less money then them...

friend of mine last year who left after year 1 of 2. was actually one of the richest in the year and got EMA , and when i say richist i mean you name it he had it... and no, he didnt have a job.... he screwed about and got paid £30 a week and didnt need it

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    To be Honest... i know that i miss the the border for EMA by a tiny bit and i can't consider my parrents well off, it would be lying to say they are the poor peeps who normally get ema but still... i work the same as everyone else and have less money then them...

friend of mine last year who left after year 1 of 2. was actually one of the richest in the year and got EMA , and when i say richist i mean you name it he had it... and no, he didnt have a job.... he screwed about and got paid £30 a week and didnt need it
    O.o at my college if you mess about you don't get your EMA.

I'm not really bothered about EMA as I earn around £64 from my part time job a week and don't need it. I also agree with alot of what FlyingJesus said as I am one of those people who come from one of those 'well off familys' and have friends who are alot less fortunet than me and have seen first hand how lucky I am and how EMA helps them. I don't think I personally sponge off my parents because I like the indepence of having my own money and not having to ask my parents to buy me stuff. The only thing my parents have really treated me on is my car, which again my friends used their EMA to help save up for..
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 20-09-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I'll admit there are cases where people get it and clearly don't need it - my best friend gets £30 per week and is a rich guy - has a nice house and loads of stuff etc., but he gets EMA because his dad (who earns several bucket loads) doesn't live with him and his mum's partner who lives with them doesn't have her wages counted in the household because for some reason there's a loophole for gay/lesbians who aren't together through civil ceremony. However, I don't think it's fair to those who do need it to say that it should be scrapped just because of a tiny amount of people who don't need the money they get.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

You have no idea the amount of tax you pay for earning that much. Familys earning just over that 30k bracket are normally worse off then people earning less, due to tax and other things that people get from having a low wage, the mass benifits.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I get £20 a week to go to school ( 2 years to go)