HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I always knew my argument would get no where, you were a forum manager, mattgarner was a forum manager. Its like talking to a brick wall.

This is about the time habbox went downhill, when forum managers who were made (a)gm's would not make a change to their department because they don't like it. Once again theres a large majority in this thread that would like to see a change, but its a no because YOU don't like it. I don't know why I bother.
    To be fair its not cus they are forum managers, your argument was always gonna fail.
    Sammeth.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

And you know they'll remember them because? I don't see members who have joined say "HotelUser recommended I join".

For the same reason they remember djs.

The comes the same question, how? The Habbox related rooms do most of the advertising, the the Radio staff do the rest. Forum Staff won't make any difference.

I'm sure it would take the weight off some of the other departments

They seem quite happy to do it The room itself is an advertisement, as are the stickies (if they still exist).

That doesn't mean the forum staff couldn't lend a hand, thats just like habbox help desk staff saying 'oh why bother advertise the forum, habboxlive are doing it' the more the better.

What, the moderators forum? The forum isn't just for the forum department, the forum is used by all departments. The forum is where the Habbox Community meet. It's not where the Forum Department meet, they just look after it. Their job is serve the Habbox Community, not the Habbo Community.

Advertising isn't serving, its helping.

But as many have mentioned, it's not their duty and their name changes won't make any difference. They probably do advertise, but their many purpose is to serve the Habbox Community, while the other departments serve both the Habbox and Habbo Community. Besides, the name changes aren't necessary seeing as it's been mentioned countless times that "Habbo Name" appears in post-view underneath a Moderator's name and any other member's name.

Heck, everyone should be allowed changed their name then, their habbo name appears in the post view.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I count less than 10 people, several hundred people use Habbox on a daily basis, I wouldn't call that a large majority Richie.

It's nothing to do with our past roles at Habbox, if that was the case surely Matt wouldn't have changed his name? Sammeth has backed us up and he is a previous General Manager who got there through the Community route, didn't you .:.:.Sammeth.:.:. ?

We aren't changing it because there is a clear, definitive reason for Community Staff to have their forum names as their Habbo names, where there isn't this clear, definitive reason for non-community staff and if they work on the forum, you only need to know their forum name.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammeth. View Post
    To be fair its not cus they are forum managers, your argument was always gonna fail.
    My point only failed because they were managers, I suppose you were different though because you didn't come out of the forum departments list, you done a fantastic job as gm, how long did you go away for again?

---------- Post added 11-10-2010 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    I count less than 10 people, several hundred people use Habbox on a daily basis, I wouldn't call that a large majority Richie.

It's nothing to do with our past roles at Habbox, if that was the case surely Matt wouldn't have changed his name? Sammeth has backed us up and he is a previous General Manager who got there through the Community route, didn't you .:.:.Sammeth.:.:. ?

We aren't changing it because there is a clear, definitive reason for Community Staff to have their forum names as their Habbo names, where there isn't this clear, definitive reason for non-community staff and if they work on the forum, you only need to know their forum name.

Matt changed his name because users said it was only right because he was 'the gm, the public eye' lolol likewise with sammeth.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

One day I'd like to see users take the role of various forum jobs, then tell us all we do is edit posts!

*cough*Richie*cough*

Anyway, you can see my Habbo name in my postbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Where is this majority? :S Have you discussed this with staff? So far they seem to not care seeing as they're advertisements for Habbox.
    I was referring to those who replied to this thread.

Forum Staff do not need the extra work
    Lol they just lurk the forum to try to find fault in ones post, hardly hard.

I think Forum Moderators/Staff should be hired on the basis of how good they are at their job, not if they go on Habbo.
    I disagree

@recursion
    Thats not going to help if your not on habbo advertising the department
    Last edited by Richie; 11-10-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And you know they'll remember them because? I don't see members who have joined say "HotelUser recommended I join".

For the same reason they remember djs[/quote]
    How did you get that answer? DJs woffle on and on and get you involved with what they're doing. Forum Staff have nothing to offer other than "Join the forum".

I'm sure it would take the weight off some of the other departments

You said everyone should be pulling together, not having weight taken off... Also, the other departments do not just advertise, they do other things. Advertising comes naturally :/ Also, I'd like to know where you got the information that other departments are under great stress, when there is no evidence.

That doesn't mean the forum staff couldn't lend a hand, thats just like habbox help desk staff saying 'oh why bother advertise the forum, habboxlive are doing it' the more the better.
    You missed my point, advertising isn't their primary aim, and most of the time they do it without noticing it - The room for example. Staff rarely advertise the forum by saying "Oh, and check out the forum". DJs do it because they're engaging potential members, and you'd feel obliged to check out what's behind a service like a radio, especially when some DJs incorporate the forum into their shows.

Advertising isn't serving, its helping.
    And that's in reference to? I said the forum staff are there to serve the Habbox Community. Advertising comes naturally to other departments as they are there to serve the Habbo Community.

Heck, everyone should be allowed changed their name then, their habbo name appears in the post view.
    However, you keep missing this point. Other departments are directly linked to the Habbo Community so Habbo Users will go by name and this makes it easier to find them. Forum Staff are only linked to the Habbox Community, the Habbo Community is not the departments concern.

I was referring to those who replied to this thread.
    And many disagree with your motives. I assume you're going by number of replies and assume the interest in the thread is what matters, when actually the posts seem to state differently.

Lol they just lurk the forum to try to find fault in ones post, hardly hard.
    Have you seen how many people post in the forum?

I disagree
    So you'd rather hire people on the basis that they have a Habbo name? I think I prefer people who know how to use a forum than people who have a Habbo name.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 11-10-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post

Oh you're using my hot name, and yeah when through community rather than forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    My point only failed because they were managers, I suppose you were different though because you didn't come out of the forum departments list, you done a fantastic job as gm, how long did you go away for again?

---------- Post added 11-10-2010 at 11:35 PM ----------

Matt changed his name because users said it was only right because he was 'the gm, the public eye' lolol likewise with sammeth.
    I just think it would have failed because the point has been brought up before, and in my experience of being GM (and having being part of General Management for around 18 months) there are very clear reasons as to why its a rule in general. I don't know how long I've been away for, since about May-ish?
    Sammeth.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

How did you get that answer? DJs woffle on and on and get you involved with what they're doing. Forum Staff have nothing to offer other than "Join the forum".
    The forum staff have a show, they have allot to offer in that, correct me if I'm wrong. I hope your not saying the show is pointless.

You said everyone should be pulling together, not having weight taken off... Also, the other departments do not just advertise, they do other things. Advertising comes naturally :/ Also, I'd like to know where you got the information that other departments are under great stress, when there is no evidence.

Well your right in one sense, they aren't under stress at the momment as barely anyone uses habbox for other than the forum and that's only because the people that are here, the majority of them are staff or are older members or the odd stray habbo.

rightio I'm off to bed, any other posts il reply to 2mo
    Last edited by Richie; 11-10-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

+

=
    ???
    correct answer for +rep

moderator alert Edited by Sarah (Assistant Forum Manager): Please do not post pointlessly, thanks.
    Last edited by Sarah; 12-10-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011