HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You're waiting for the DVDs to be released to watch Gurren Lagann but you'd download FLCL and Diebuster to watch them even though the DVDs for both series have already been released?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

i d/l flcl cos it as short i needed something for the train ride

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    i said i am gonna watch Gurren Lagann waiting for dvds tho
    Gurren Lagann is awesome! I have not seen Diebuster but I will be checking that out today

My top five mangas are

1) Death note
    2) Keroro Gunsou
    3) D.Gray-Man
    4) Gurren Lagann
    5) FMA

Also known as !Jack123

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You read the Gurren Lagann manga? I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and how well things were planned out. Bandai take ages to release it though. By the way... Gurren Lagann and Diebuster are one and the same. Required viewing!
    Last edited by Neversoft; 11-08-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Tokens

Yeah, well surprisingly I didn't know a manga of it existed, but I got a new Iphone app called "Go manga" and searched up "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" and surprisingly something came up, so I just read it on my Iphone when I am travelling I think its an excellent manga, but I do prefer the anime, mainly because with all the action that goes on I really liked the way it was animated
    Also known as !Jack123

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh theres no contest the anime is of course much better. I wonder how the manga will handle the finale. That'll be one hell of a spectacle. The manga comes with an interview with the anime series coordinator and scriptwriter and it notes how he muttered to himself "How the hell are we going to visualize this?" when he looked at the script for the final battle in spiral space. It also notes that the guy who is adapting the anime into the manga felt stumped when he read most of the scripts. Sounds like the staff actually had no idea what they were creating, lmao.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Oh theres no contest the anime is of course much better. I wonder how the manga will handle the finale. That'll be one hell of a spectacle. The manga comes with an interview with the anime series coordinator and scriptwriter and it notes how he muttered to himself "How the hell are we going to visualize this?" when he looked at the script for the final battle in spiral space. It also notes that the guy who is adapting the anime into the manga felt stumped when he read most of the scripts. Sounds like the staff actually had no idea what they were creating, lmao.
    Ah, this explains why it takes forever for it to be released! We can expect the ending to be out... Never! On my Iphone the status says "Ongoing - Irregular" I have to say though, the manga has done pretty well with visualizing it Speaking of Gurren Lagann I was thinking of cosplaying Simon for the expo in October
    Also known as !Jack123

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think now the anime series is done and over with the author of the manga probably has a good idea of what to do now. His art captures the style of Gurren Lagann perfectly, which I assumed would be a hard thing to do. The backgrounds and detail are also impressive, so well done to him.

I'll be going in October but only for one day this time. I won't be going to buy either, I'll be going as a photographer. :8 If you cosplay as Simon you can guarantee I'll get a photo of it. I like tracking down Gurren Lagann cosplayers.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I read the first volume of Slam Dunk the other day and wooooooooow! It's been a while since a first volume has had such an impact on me. I think I'd even say that was the best first volume of any manga I've ever read. I should have expected no less from the author of Vagabond.

In other news I finally finished Rose Hip Zero. It's a five volume manga by the same person that created GTO. It's also a prequel to one of his other mangas, Rose Hip Rose. I feel the series was concluded too fast, but other than that it was great. The art is by far the best aspect.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I recently started Angel Densetsu. It's really good so far, and incredibly funny. It's about this guy who has the face of a demon but inside hes a really innocent, kind-hearted person. Because of his looks he gets acquainted with the wrong people and is misunderstood by everyone. It's by the same guy that does Claymore, but it first started publication back in 1992 so the art isn't as good as his current series. Still, some really decent stuff! I recommend it.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast