HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Amazon prices etc are very high. :/
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves, View Post
    Amazon prices etc are very high. :/
    This is probably down due to the cheaper versions all sold out and they could only sell so many at that price. If you are looking for Home Premium Ebuyer have the full thing for £81.34 nc vat.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks to Blue, I am just downloading Win7 PRO for £30.00.

Hope this all goes well, thanks Blue! will pay you when I'm done.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quite urgent. Sorry for the double post!!

But... can I install this on a blank partition instead of my XP partition? or does it HAVE to be installed on the XP partition?

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves, View Post
    Quite urgent. Sorry for the double post!!

But... can I install this on a blank partition instead of my XP partition? or does it HAVE to be installed on the XP partition?
    I believe the Upgrade version can be fully installed without it even knowing about XP or Vista? (I've heard reports of this, look around on the net)

Edit: Been looking on another forum and found this:

One of the biggest unanswered questions about Windows 7 is whether you can perform a clean install using the upgrade edition of the operating system.

With legacy versions of Windows you needed to ‘show’ it an install CD from your older version of Windows. The problem here is that Microsoft allowed OEM PC makers to customise these discs, sometimes to the point where they were not recognisable as upgrade media by the installer, even though you had a legitimate copy.

With Windows Vista they changed this but you had to perform a workaround to get a clean install. Firstly you had to install Vista upgrade without entering a product key, and then you had to install it again performing an upgrade on the version you had already installed. This was time-consuming and many people didn’t like it… understandably.

With Windows 7 Microsoft have only released the upgrade versions for the first time today and have been keeping very tight-lipped on this subject. The good, nay, excellent news is that performing a clean install using upgrade media is now the same as performing a clean install.

Windows 7 will just install merrily on your hard disk with it’s upgrade product code and activate. You don’t need an XP or Vista disc, and you don’t need to install it over itself. This is excellent news and, while I haven’t yet tried this myself, reports are coming in from across the web that this is indeed the case.

Many people will now ask if it’s necessary to buy the full version of Windows 7. Quite simply now the answer is that it isn’t. This means an significant price cut for Windows 7 over previous versions, effective immediately.
    Been reading more, I think there is ways but now sure how it all works. I suggest throwing yourself over to: http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...version-2.html and see if your answer if fully answered there.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 23-10-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Brought my copy of Home premium in Tesco's today for £58 was rude not too tbh

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Jesus Christ!

Amazon has put prices for the full version (what I got for £50) to £114!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Woop, Installed it on a separate partition, installed beautifully. Recognized ALL drivers.

Microsoft are onto a winner with Win7, amazing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Now Apple can't use the "It just works" line to sell their OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    Now Apple can't use the "It just works" line to sell their OS
    Especially after their Snow Leopard fiasco Windows always had the upper hand with plug and play tech anyway, Apple just used it because they forget that not all products people buy have Apple approved on

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast