HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 132 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2344
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

The CEO has been with Sulake for 8 months, give him a break? All these things have come under Paul LaFontaine:

- More interaction with staff via other sources (Fb and Twitter) - people were complaining so much about lack of communication between staff and users as the yrs went by and he actually did something about it.
    - Pet horse things got added and people went insane over them.
    - LTD rares got added considering the rares being released into the catalogue for 25c were constantly dropping in value.
    - Celeb visits returned (sure we've had 3/4 in .com since november).
    - A much more modern hotel view.
    - Plans for a new UI going ahead (which quite frankly, most people seem to like the look of).
    - Habbo Helpers introduced and him saying they could/would eventually have more powers.
    - SnowStorm back (unsure if that was being planned before him so dnt trust me on that 1)
    - Fast Food game being added which everyone has been strangely addicted to.
    - Stray Pixels returning.
    - Talent trees making an appearance soon.
    - An improved Habbo blog.
    - Rentable bots (even though they don't really do much good, at least they went ahead and trialed them)
    - Habbo Turkey opening soon.

etc. etc. All people did during 2011 was complain that news article comps were repetitive and boring, that staff never went on the hotel or interacted with users at all (Puffin was probably the only exception to this and maybe a few developers). Sure, moderation hasn't improved and I think that's where he's failed terribly (also not forgetting some bitter comments on twitter) and the massive slash in workforce which just added insult to injury but many "good" things have come under him?

I admire him for taking time out of his personal day to Tweet users, it shows he actually gives a damn :S
    /
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    That maybe the case yes but at least they are taking action? They aren't just ignoring the reports and Habbo is continuing and no changes has been made what so ever. To be honest, it was only last year when the EU said Habbo and the Xbox 360 platforms are SAFE!
    IMVU is worst and actually encourage virtual sex so why they keep picking on Habbo is unbelievable. Plus you have loads of 11 year olds on IMVU as well. Same with xbox, more pedos on xbox then on Habbo I believe. They have better things to do then pick on Habbo.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruche

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    That maybe the case yes but at least they are taking action? They aren't just ignoring the reports and Habbo is continuing and no changes has been made what so ever. To be honest, it was only last year when the EU said Habbo and the Xbox 360 platforms are SAFE!
    My point is there shouldn't have to be a big news report to draw attention to your own companies bad moderation, you should already see it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    The CEO has been with Sulake for 8 months, give him a break? All these things have come under Paul LaFontaine:

- More interaction with staff via other sources (Fb and Twitter) - people were complaining so much about lack of communication between staff and users as the yrs went by and he actually did something about it.
    - Pet horse things got added and people went insane over them.
    - LTD rares got added considering the rares being released into the catalogue for 25c were constantly dropping in value.
    - Celeb visits returned (sure we've had 3/4 in .com since november).
    - A much more modern hotel view.
    - Plans for a new UI going ahead (which quite frankly, most people seem to like the look of).
    - Habbo Helpers introduced and him they could/would eventually have more powers.
    - SnowStorm back (unsure if that was being planned before him so dnt trust me on that 1)
    - Fast Food game being added which everyone has been strangely addicted to.
    - Stray Pixels returning.
    - Talent trees making an appearance soon.
    - An improved Habbo blog.
    - Rentable bots (even though they don't really do much good, at least they went ahead and trialed them)
    - Habbo Turkey opening soon.

etc. etc. All people did during 2011 was complain that news article comps were repetitive and boring, that staff never went on the hotel or interacted with users at all (Puffin was probably the only exception to this and maybe a few developers). Sure, moderation hasn't improved and I think that's where he's failed terribly (also not forgetting some bitter comments on twitter) and the massive slash in workforce which just added insult to injury but many "good" things have come under him?

I admire him for taking time out of his personal day to Tweet users, it shows he actually gives a damn :S
    yeeees this is exactly what I was thinking (but couldn't be bothered to type it out)... just because one bad thing happens under his 'reign'? The whole paedo/sex/cyber problem has always existed...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xedia View Post
    My point is there shouldn't have to be a big news report to draw attention to your own companies bad moderation, you should already see it.
    EU can and have already stated and I practically quote "We can and will shut down Habbo Hotel if this doesn't improve" so if you were the owner of that company, what would you do? Probably say "You and what army?"

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

If they weren't on Twitter, no one would actually be blaming the CEO as we wouldn't have a clue who it is. Apart from looking at the persons name on the management list. But we would have no way of communicating as they didn't use social media back then. If Paul is really that bad then I doubt he would be here much longer as they would just get rid of him if things were really that bad behind the scenes.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruche

Quote Originally Posted by lTraditional View Post
    EU can and have already stated and I practically quote "We can and will shut down Habbo Hotel if this doesn't improve" so if you were the owner of that company, what would you do? Probably say "You and what army?"
    I'm not sure how your comment fits in with mine, but anyway.. There's no "If I was owner of this company", because I wouldn't be, and would never want to have such a high responsibility. And yes, I probably would

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Xedia View Post
    I'm not sure how your comment fits in with mine, but anyway.. There's no "If I was owner of this company", because I wouldn't be, and would never want to have such a high responsibility. And yes, I probably would
    Apologies if I read it wrong which I probably did as I thought you were saying why habbo/sulake are acting on it so bad.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruche

Quote Originally Posted by lTraditional View Post
    Apologies if I read it wrong which I probably did as I thought you were saying why habbo/sulake are acting on it so bad.
    No need to apologise By the looks of Paul's twitter the team are taking on board comments and implementing new ideas. My blame lies with Paul, and why it has took him so long to sort the site's safety out, when it should have been done asap

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bob

I'm not sure about the room age feature, don't think it's a good idea. It is possible to stop these rooms from appearing by actually enforcing the rules they claim to want users to adhere to. I think the most troublesome room in 2005 was Newsbox, not because of cybering but because of the large amount of trolls it attracted, close second was Landa's Gay Girl Bar, but that was nothing if you compare it to the popular rooms list on recent Habbo. By closing the rooms Habbos who cybered were driven to empty rooms/smaller rooms and the behaviour was a lot easier to flag and stop. An age limit would just continue to allow the type of behaviour to flourish, it would almost seem as if Habbo was endorsing it. So you want to engage in illicit online behaviour? Go to Habbo they let you put an age limit on your room! Would not be a good PR move.
    Last edited by Bob1; 14-06-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    +1