HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Keep Habbo Open or Shutdown?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • SHUT IT DOWN!

48 29.81%
  • KEEP IT OPEN!

113 70.19%
Page 134 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2344
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruche

Quote Originally Posted by lTraditional View Post
    If they want to stop people under 13 accessing the site, make it so that if they enter a d.o.b under the age of 13 then they cannot register again on that IP. That should work!
    Might be a problem with shared computers and people just faking the D.O.B'S, but it's a good idea.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If they want to stop people under 13 accessing the site, make it so that if they enter a d.o.b under the age of 13 then they cannot register again on that IP. That should work!
    Said this somewhereee and it is a good idea tbh. There's the issue though that 1) Users may fake straight away 2) it's not hard to mask your IP nowadays lol. I'd imagine a lot of kids know an awful lot about technology and probably would find some way around it. Nevertheless, I still think it'd be a great thing to implement.
    /

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

Thing is, that type of chat still isn't appropriate for young teens either. It isn't responsible in the wake of the report to say you are going to allow the behaviour but put an age restriction on it...

I totes remember Landa's gay girl bar too! lmao

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bob

Lots of love for Landa's Gay Girl Bar, simpler times! Lol!

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Plebings View Post
    yes they should, but still it is a good idea considering whats going on, people can lie about their age but it will hold habbo less responsible if it's the childs fault for lying about their age when they sign up.

fs my english is terrible today
    So because a child lies, that makes it ok for them to be sexually harassed? :S

Ridiculous idea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    So because a child lies, that makes it ok for them to be sexually harassed? :S

Ridiculous idea.
    He only said if a child lies, Habbo is not responsible. In Sulake's eyes, if person A signs up (aged 9) and puts on the form they are 18, then proceeds to tell everyone they're 18, when person B, a 20 year old, proceeds to speak sexually to them (unknowing person A is not 18), how can Habbo be held responsible? As far as they know person A really is 18.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    He only said if a child lies, Habbo is not responsible. In Sulake's eyes, if person A signs up (aged 9) and puts on the form they are 18, then proceeds to tell everyone they're 18, when person B, a 20 year old, proceeds to speak sexually to them (unknowing person A is not 18), how can Habbo be held responsible? As far as they know person A really is 18.
    In fairness, they really need to decide either sexual areas for all, or no one. It won't work otherwise.

----

I have seen people having a rant over the CEO.

Whilst he probably could have dealt with the issue better, is the issue really over C4? Or is it that you cannot feed the habbo addiction?

Paul has only been there since September 2011 (according to a quick search on Google..). This issue has been ongoing for a very long time - and one that he certainly didn't create. As the CEO, he is there to keep investors and the board happy - so I guess in that respect, the evidence suggests he has failed. But not for the reasons the (jumping to assumptions) young habbo users are shooting him for. His job is not to give you furni, or interact with Habbo users - that is just something has appears to have chosen to do from the start - but certainly not something his job role entails.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Annoyed at the company for trying to silence me by removing my fansite for spreading "fake" messages from Paul.

Tokens

Thought i'd just mention, i put together a small website chat thing for me and a few mates, but more people might aswell use it www.habbo-chat.co.uk.. Basically, ya wack in your username or any other username you fancy using, put in the room id that you're currently in, and you chat to other people in the same room. It's a simple concept, and does require you to carefully position the hotel and habbo-chat on the same screen next to each other, but it works just fine for me and my mates

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemco View Post
    Thought i'd just mention, i put together a small website chat thing for me and a few mates, but more people might aswell use it www.habbo-chat.co.uk.. Basically, ya wack in your username or any other username you fancy using, put in the room id that you're currently in, and you chat to other people in the same room. It's a simple concept, and does require you to carefully position the hotel and habbo-chat on the same screen next to each other, but it works just fine for me and my mates
    Nice idea, i'm guessing you don't have to put your password in? Deffo gonna use it tomorrow if we're still muted ;D