HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Why do the Remain side also disagree with the claims made by the IMF?

It seems it is only Akeam and @abc; who believe a word of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vote Leave
    The IMF claims leaving the EU would ‘damag[e] a wide range of trade and investment relationships.’

The Prime Minister has said this is false. He has admitted: ‘If we were outside the EU altogether, we’d still be trading with all these European countries, of course we would... Of course the trading would go on. Sometimes … There’s a lot of scaremongering on all sides of this debate. Of course the trading would go on’ (BBC, Andrew Marr Show, 6 January 2013, link).

The UK’s former Ambassador to the EU has contradicted this claim. The UK's former Ambassador to the EU and leading supporter of BSE (Britain Stronger in Europe), Lord Kerr of Kinlochard, has admitted: ‘there is no doubt that the UK could secure a free trade agreement with the EU. That is not an issue’ (Lords Hansard, 2 November 2015, col. 1492, link).

The CBI disagrees with it. The pro-EU CBI has said: ‘the UK is highly likely to secure a Free Trade Agreement with the EU, and such an agreement would be likely to be negotiated at an extremely high level of ambition relative to other FTAs’ (Our Global Future, 4 November 2013, p. 152, link).

The Head of the IN campaign says other trade deals could continue. Trade with third countries will not be disrupted. Even the Executive Director of the BSE campaign, Will Straw, has accepted that free trade agreements with third countries could continue, stating: ‘either eventuality could come to pass’ (House of Commons, March 2016, link).

The UK would gain new trading and investment opportunities if we Vote Leave. Outside the EU’s common commercial policy, the UK could strike free trade agreements with emerging economies such as Brazil, India and China which the EU has consistently failed to negotiate. This will be good for jobs, growth and living standards
    Wouldn't it be nice if the Remain side, for once, stopped posting scare stories from predictable pro-EU politicians + organisations with a track record of being 100% wrong & actually debated the pros and cons of our membership? I'd much rather debate you both than have to dismiss each and every daily scare story.

The truth is that EU membership has nothing to do with economics or trade. It's about building a federal Europe and it is about time the Remain side came out and argued for what they really want rather than hiding behind the balony about jobs and trade. It's dishonesty both to themselves and the rest of us.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-04-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

EU exit 'will leave households £4,300 a year worse off'
    A major report by the Treasury will claim that Britain's national income could be 6% smaller by 2030 if the UK leaves the European Union.
    Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36068892

"Three WHITE men who worked at a takeaway have been jailed for up to 10 years sexually exploiting teenage girls."
    Also Dan, you know how all these refugees are rapists and pedos? Well, I do not see you posting stories like this.
    Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36049427
    Last edited by abc; 17-04-2016 at 09:53 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

another day, another scare story by @abc;

why hasn't he answered or addressed anything i've asked him or said, such as the real and not imagined threat the EU poses to our influence at the top table?

i'm willing to debate you but only if you engage rather than keep posting numerous horseshit stories predicting impending doom if we dare to leave. it was only last week that the EU itself told us there would be a "continental crisis" (ooOoOOOhhhHh!!!! scaryyyyyy) if the Dutch voted No... a week later and nothing.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 17-04-2016 at 10:17 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

i'll reply to the treasury scare story though because like all the others threats and blackmail it's so easy to debunk.

now here's a good question about all this scare stuff. if leaving the EU was as dangerous, risky, going to make us poorer and the sky fall in - if it was really going to do all that - then why would the government have agreed to and be holding a referendum on the issue? and why would they have said they were prepared to consider leaving had the renegotiations not gone their way as the Prime Minister himself said only a few months back? surely if it's as dangerous as they all say then why even hold a referendum on the topic.

i suspect i'm wondering aloud because nobody here can or will answer that or any of the other logical points i put forward. the next post will be obama's scare speech. :rolleyes:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    another day, another scare story by @abc;
    All I did was quote the BBC lol... it is you who keeps plastering scare stories around the forum.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

if you post a story in agreement then you must believe the claims made in it. yet another response from @abc; with no engagement to anything i've said. as i said, it's a certainty he'll post this weekend whatever tripe Obama comes out with when he visits and when i respond pointing out how America would never ever even consider subjecting it's supreme court and legal system to Mexico, Canada and Cuba he'll totally ignore it and post the next scare story. and so on.

anyway in other news today i sent back the propaganda leaflet that the government sent to every household with outright lies inside. i wrote LIES in red ink across the top and posted it via freepost to the Conservative Party so they'll pick up the bill. loads of other people i've read are doing the same... (see below)

the government spent something like £9m of TAXPAYERS money on this booklet of bs

was just talking to the manager in work too who i thought would be a remainian or on the fence and she said she's appalled by the government only giving one side and with the outright scare stories they're putting out. i said so i take it you're for leave? and she was like absolutely.

everyday that passes the scare tales grow more wild and absurd, yesterday Osborne was predicting we'd all be £4,000 poorer by 2030 if we left. in that case [a] why is his government holding a referendum on it if it's so risky & [b] how can he claim to know what will happen in fourteen years when he can't even predict his own budget spending yearly as his forecasts have turned out wrong over and over again?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 19-04-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

I know the government is taking a line with this kind of thing, but surely there should be a thorough Pro and Cons document instead of just a one sided document.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flairr View Post
    I know the government is taking a line with this kind of thing, but surely there should be a thorough Pro and Cons document instead of just a one sided document.
    not to mention they flouted their own rules by publishing and posting the leaflet to everyone just before the official campaign period began so they could get around the campaign spending limit.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

President Obama arrives in Britain today to tell us all to vote to stay in the EU.

Can anyone here imagine America ever accepting Mexican and Canadian judges overruling the US Supreme Court? Not a chance in hell.

Most people don't think what Obama has to say is important to the debate anyway...

http://www.cityam.com/239439/busines...gov-poll-finds

Business vote is more divided than thought over EU referendum

Quote Originally Posted by City AM
    The business vote for the UK to remain in the European Union is far more divided that many had previously thought, according to research from pollsters YouGov.

It showed that 40 per cent of executives surveyed think the UK would be better off out of the trading bloc, with 49 per cent in favour of staying in and 11 per cent undecided.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 22-04-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    it's a certainty he'll post this weekend whatever tripe Obama comes out with
    I really do not care what he thinks. If he agreed with you you would be singing and dancing. I stopped engaging with most of your posts as you repeat the same speculation constantly, yet when others post speculation you laugh. Its hypocritical.