HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by beth View Post
    er to those slagging off btecs they are very much "worthy". i got a triple distinction grade btec at a-level level and have had offers from top university's.
    I don't think that was the point being made, some btecs are worthy, people just need to be wary of the equivalent qualifications sometimes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23729205

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    Working hard doesn't necessarily open all the options for you, baring in mind many people with straight A* grades commonly get rejected.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    well i disagree. lots of stupid people get A*s at GCSE, in a sense they're trained to perform in certain ways... often people who get first from Oxbridge did badly at their GCSES because it requires much more original thought.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

omg i am back i am so ******* HAPPY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

GEOGRAPHY A*
    FRENCH A*
    FOOD TECH A*
    MATHS A
    MEDIA A
    BUSINESS B
    ENGLISH LIT B
    STATISTICS B
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE C

btec science i got merit and epq I got a B!

omg sosoososos happy

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 12:18 PM ----------

but i am peed off because they wouldn't let me do sociology because I didn't have a gcse in history or psychology gutted so now i am doing media, french and geography

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zitrone View Post
    omg i am back i am so ******* HAPPY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

GEOGRAPHY A*
    FRENCH A*
    FOOD TECH A*
    MATHS A
    MEDIA A
    BUSINESS B
    ENGLISH LIT B
    STATISTICS B
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE C

btec science i got merit and epq I got a B!

omg sosoososos happy

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 12:18 PM ----------

but i am peed off because they wouldn't let me do sociology because I didn't have a gcse in history or psychology gutted so now i am doing media, french and geography
    Congrats! I did AS French for 2 years, was awful, didn't even take the exam I didn't like French very much to begin with though, so I'm sure you'll be fine

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Ugh I am so upset and annoyed..

maths:C
    DT: A
    Law: C
    Science: B

sigh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post

sigh.
    Are you in Year 10, hence the lack of results?
    And are the Maths and Science the full GCSE or just modular results?

And what's wrong with them? As long as you get the grades for whatever you want to do next (And Maths/English C grades) they're pretty pointless

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Are you in Year 10, hence the lack of results?
    And are the Maths and Science the full GCSE or just modular results?

And what's wrong with them? As long as you get the grades for whatever you want to do next (And Maths/English C grades) they're pretty pointless
    Yeah yr 10, only got triple science left to do, done all the others in year 9. + maths/science are the full GCSE.
    I guess I'm annoyed as my teachers have been predicting all these grades which I'm happy with/the mock exams were good, but then I come out with these.. what ;//

and dont even get me started on my english.. got a C on my exam when all through the past 2 years my teacher has given me no extra help as he claimed I would do fine and was getting high results blahblahblah. ugh, damn him ;/

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah yr 10, only got triple science left to do, done all the others in year 9. + maths/science are the full GCSE.
    I guess I'm annoyed as my teachers have been predicting all these grades which I'm happy with/the mock exams were good, but then I come out with these.. what ;//

and dont even get me started on my english.. got a C on my exam when all through the past 2 years my teacher has given me no extra help as he claimed I would do fine and was getting high results blahblahblah. ugh, damn him ;/
    Wait... So you've got your Science GCSE at the moment, but say you're taking triple science? Surely this means your science GCSE will be replaced by Chemistry/Physics/Biology GCSE? So it's not the end of the world

What are you planning to do when you're 16?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

sigh.
    That's really good! Like others have said GCSE's are really irrelevant apart from maths and english and possibly science (which a B is really good in anyway)! You've done good!

Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    Wait... So you've got your Science GCSE at the moment, but say you're taking triple science? Surely this means your science GCSE will be replaced by Chemistry/Physics/Biology GCSE? So it's not the end of the world

What are you planning to do when you're 16?
    I guess so ;s I guess the science is just something to fall back on for if I get all d's next year ahaa..

Go to 6th form, then hopefully uni for law. don't really know if they'll accept me for 6th form to do law if I've only got a c though D;

ok now i'm seriously peed off haha
    1mark off a b in law ;/

does anyone know how much a remark costs and when it should be done for?
    Last edited by Cerys; 22-08-2013 at 12:18 PM.