HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Reconix View Post
    Typo: boy friend*.

We're gonna get infracted the hell out of for this, on topic.

GOOD LUCK DARREN!

</sarcasm>
    Actually there isn't a space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyfriend

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lolcopters View Post
    No I'm pretty much certain I know everything you do + more. I coded it to return straight from the start.
    The SQL structure for your Kristall-Panel is atrocious.

You define someone an "id" in the users table yet you store the username in every other table. That is a really bad example of repetitive data. The aim of a database is to have as little repetitive data as possible.

"Timetable" table, you store text for a username. Text in MySQL can have a maximum field length of 65535 characters. I have never seen a username this long! varchar(30) will be adequate enough.

"online" table, I see no need for at all. You can just store the same fields in the users table. Therefore losing a table and saving repetitive data.

By storing the username in every table it will be causing MySQL to take longer to execute:
    1) Searching a numerical value is faster
    2) Usernames may contain both alpha and numerical characters, this means MySQL has to work doubly hard to process both ascii types.
    3) Usernames are much harder to track across multiple tables and may easily be duplicated.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Looking at Kristall-Panel, it does seem quite redundant. Use ID's in usernames, and why use an online table just have a field last_active and do $check = time() - $sql['last_active'];
    if($check < 1800) {
    // user is online
    }
    else {
    }

1500 being 30 minutes
    How could this hapen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Reconix View Post
    Looking at Kristall-Panel, it does seem quite redundant. Use ID's in usernames, and why use an online table just have a field last_active and do $check = time() - $sql['last_active'];
    if($check < 1800) {
    // user is online
    }
    else {
    }

1500 being 30 minutes
    I taught you that :| I don't see how you could determine if it is "redundant" or not.

You don't have to repeat anything that a superior being like Baving says, who is far more professional then anyone on this forum. I think he knows a tad bit more then you, me, and anyone else
    Last edited by Dentafrice; 17-04-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wow I can smell your testosterone from my house!

No need to get so defensive, I simply offered him a solution.

P.s. I'll remember anything I'm ever taught by Dentafrice, I make sure I never repeat in public.

GET OVER YOURSELF. It's a tiny piece of code!
    How could this hapen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Baving View Post
    The SQL structure for your Kristall-Panel is atrocious.

You define someone an "id" in the users table yet you store the username in every other table. That is a really bad example of repetitive data. The aim of a database is to have as little repetitive data as possible.

"Timetable" table, you store text for a username. Text in MySQL can have a maximum field length of 65535 characters. I have never seen a username this long! varchar(30) will be adequate enough.

"online" table, I see no need for at all. You can just store the same fields in the users table. Therefore losing a table and saving repetitive data.

By storing the username in every table it will be causing MySQL to take longer to execute:
    1) Searching a numerical value is faster
    2) Usernames may contain both alpha and numerical characters, this means MySQL has to work doubly hard to process both ascii types.
    3) Usernames are much harder to track across multiple tables and may easily be duplicated.
    I'm not even gonna begin to start how stupid your points are.

Ok I will.

1) Search a numerical field and searching a text field are going to take less than 0.001 of a second, and on a very small DJ panel used by very small sites, there's nothing to worry about, if I wanted efficiency, I would be efficient.

2) Usernames are only tracked from the Request table, PM table and user table if I'm remembering correctly.

3) Their ID was to sort by ID, as was everything, not a reference. I give id references now anyway.

And last but not least

IT'S 2 YEARS OLD
    Last edited by Jewish Bear; 18-04-2008 at 07:33 AM.

visit my internet web site on the internet
    http://dong.engineer/
    it is just videos by bill wurtz videos you have been warned

DarrenToogood Guest

You could great a new football team - Spam United ;l

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenToogood View Post
    You could great a new football team - Spam United ;l
    And you'd be the coach wouldn't you.

visit my internet web site on the internet
    http://dong.engineer/
    it is just videos by bill wurtz videos you have been warned

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.