HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    Not proper benefits If you ask around I think there's a type of benefits a family can get to assist with life in general.

EDIT: Is it child benefit?

EDIT: Apparently part-time jobs aren't included :S That's a huge loophole!
    child benefit every parents get anyway, i get given mine from my mum so i'm lucky cos i get an extra £20 per week but some kids i know don't get it or even hear of it

and i think part time jobs are just for the student

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Have you noticed the people who say its unfair are the only ones who don't receive it, i bet if you was receiving £30 a week or less you wouldn't complain about it...
    Be honest, if you where offered free money, you would turn it down? I don't think so.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My dad became disabled lastyear and can no longer work, so when i start college I get the full £30 a week. We literally ahve no money at all, and my dad was on a really well paid job.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Charlottay!

Latest Awards:

i get the full £30 when i start college next week-
    Ex-Hxl Senior DJ + Ex- Assistant events manager

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Coding View Post
    it's not about giving them £30, the money is to support them for food, bus pass's and essentials for college etc and obviously some will be spent on clothes and other luxury's, but people who earn over the certain amount obviously can buy the child their own bus pass, dinner money for food etc and if they want clothes buy them it. it's not about giving them £30. it's about them having stuff they want when they can because they have the money to, people who don't earn that much money obviously cant do this and will struggle to spend £15-20 a week on a bus pass and £10-15 on dinners etc aswell as taking care of the home, food in the home etc.
    My parents earn a lot, but I'm being given nothing.
    I have to travel by train, and a years train pass is £1000 + and there is no discount that I can find, only for those who are up to 18, and by the time I start Uni it'll be useless.
    So I myself have had to go and work to save all this money, to then spend it on a flippin train journey, this is infuriating.
    Why can't those other kids go and get jobs just the same, I don't see why they can't work to earn extra money!
    I can do it, so can they. I mean seriously, £30 a week, I would save it for Uni so I could afford to travel by train.
    They can sit on their backsides, and just turn up for school, something I ALREADY DO for free! I then have to work (really hard) for something that brings no enjoyment to me.
    I couldn't give a crap if your mum has little money, unless their is some serious medical condition or something they can't help, it's called lazyness. And it's lazy not going out and getting a job yourself.
    Grandad: I mean smoking mari-jew-arna! You brought a slur upon the family name.

Rodney: Oh leave off Grandad. I'd have to get done for chicken molesting to bring a slur on this family's name.

Tokens

i get £30 EMA a week and think it is completely unfair on those who don't. i get it because i live with my mum who's on a low wage but my dad who's on a high wage pays for everything in our house but lives elsewhere. my mate isn't elegible for it because his parents earn over the threshold. his mum said that they cant afford to give him that much a week so they just give him a tenner and he has to work to pay to go to college. also i think it's unfair as we get a bonus if we get good grades? how's that fair on the kids who get good grades and don't get EMA? it's a really mucked up system and everyone who attends should get something as it's a really low maximum household income line.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla View Post
    Have you noticed the people who say its unfair are the only ones who don't receive it, i bet if you was receiving £30 a week or less you wouldn't complain about it...
    Be honest, if you where offered free money, you would turn it down? I don't think so.
    I'm receiving £30 a week and I think it's unfair. I know people who's mum and dad earn just above the minimum amount required for EMA and there is 5 of them in the family excluding the parents. I find it highly unfair they are able to qualify while a single parent with one child earns 18k a year and their child is getting 30 quid a week.
    Last edited by PaulMacC; 31-08-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i get £10 a week (just!) but i also have a job (which is like slavery) because i get nothing off my parents. i pay for almost everything i want/need.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    I'm receiving £30 a week and I think it's unfair. I know people who's mum and dad earn just above the minimum amount required for EMA and there is 5 of them in the family excluding the parents. I find it highly unfair they are able to qualify while a single parent with one child earns 18k a year and their child is getting 30 quid a week.
    If you think its so unfair why keep receiving it then, you don't HAVE to get it, so obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't ask for it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Danzilla View Post

If you think its so unfair why keep receiving it then, you don't HAVE to get it, so obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't ask for it.
    I'm not going to turn down £30, nobody would but I think it's unfair for others.
    No longer active on here