Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

View Poll Results: Are you a Chav?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 17.62%
  • No

159 82.38%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Tokens

to answer ur question

No

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No iam not a chav, iam not a mosher, and neither a goth ect.

i wear nike and timberland ect, but that does not realy class me as a chav.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CrabRacket View Post
    Thats not respect! Prehaps to you but not me.
    When you respect someone, you don't bother them.
    When you fear someone, you don't bother them.

Fear breeds respect, it's how all good politicians and businessmen get power.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    When you respect someone, you don't bother them.
    When you fear someone, you don't bother them.

Fear breeds respect, it's how all good politicians and businessmen get power.
    I have to agree. You would disrespect a guy who famously battered the hardest guy in town. Being kind gets you friends, but not respect.

Tokens

In this present time, we tend to see streets infested with vermin pretty much everywhere we look- and this vermin isn't rats! Its the polite chav gang that spit poison cigarette tar at your brand new jeans. How nice!
    I decided to create a poll to see how many of the teenagers that attend habboxforum.com are members of the chav society. Oh, and just to clarify on what chavs are;
    - Usually have an aspiration of gaining an ASBO (Anti social behaviour order)
    - Dress in track suits
    - Speak in Jafaikan (Google it)
    - Burberrey scarfs, hats and other types of clothing
    - Strong odour of cigarette smoke
    - Gold chains and lots of them
    - Tend to move in herds around the town centre
    - Lose their virginity at the age of 11-15
    - Attend the Jeremy Kyle show
    - Swearing and spitting at anyone within 3 metres of them
    - Hearl abuse at anybody until the victim finally stands up to them. They soon scatter.

Thanks,
    No, I am not one, I prefer to stand back and laugh at them attempting to look tough. Has anyone noticed they never start on people when they are alone? Because I have, they always need "friends" if you can class them as that with them. Some can be ok, but then most are complete...ill stop there.
    Yea I maybe fat, but your ugly, at least I can diet

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by -L!NK!N-P@RK- View Post
    No, I am not one, I prefer to stand back and laugh at them attempting to look tough. Has anyone noticed they never start on people when they are alone? Because I have, they always need "friends" if you can class them as that with them. Some can be ok, but then most are complete...ill stop there.
    Yep, wise choice
    Some are nice but most of them have something negative about them...

- Usually have an aspiration of gaining an ASBO (Anti social behaviour order)
    - Dress in track suits
    - Speak in Jafaikan (Google it)
    - Burberrey scarfs, hats and other types of clothing
    - Strong odour of cigarette smoke
    - Gold chains and lots of them
    - Tend to move in herds around the town centre
    - Lose their virginity at the age of 11-15
    - Attend the Jeremy Kyle show
    - Swearing and spitting at anyone within 3 metres of them
    - Hearl abuse at anybody until the victim finally stands up to them. They soon scatter.
    Stereotyping or what?! I'm actually shocked that someone could spend so much time being as stupid as to write all this. Chains on lads look amazin... and as for the virginity one.. that is the WORST 1! I'm 13 and I've just lost mine and I don't find that chavvy AT ALL because it's NOT! And whats wrong with smoking? It's not JUST chavs that smoke you know, I know plenty of people who smoke that aren't chavs. And they don't swear and spit at people unless they say anything to em, an even then they don't spit they just stand up for themselves. Don't see why everyone seems to stereotype them so much its ***** ridiculus. If i wanted to stereotype Emos I would say

-Get great pleasure over stabbing self
    -Listen to awful music
    -Wear awful clothes
    -Get buzzes off pain and dead people

But if emos choose to live the way they do i'll let them live that way... you've obviously never spoken a word to anyone REMOTELY chavvy otherwise you'd understand that most of them are genuinely nice people who just like to stand up for themselves and like to drink n go out n stuff! Live and let live

I am sure there has to be a chav aroud habbox somewhere. Or maybe because its Friday night there out...
    Oh my! I just read that and that is ridiculous! I go out on Fridays but only because my bf does wi all his mates so I go 2... but tbh where would you rather be? at home flicking around on msn or out with your mates having fun?
    Last edited by Hannybobz; 18-02-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Read more shocking stuff =D
    i love chaz xx
    what more can I say

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nah not really.

Tokens

no i am not to anwser your q

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannybobz View Post
    Stereotyping or what?! I'm actually shocked that someone could spend so much time being as stupid as to write all this. Chains on lads look amazin... and as for the virginity one.. that is the WORST 1! I'm 13 and I've just lost mine and I don't find that chavvy AT ALL because it's NOT! And whats wrong with smoking? It's not JUST chavs that smoke you know, I know plenty of people who smoke that aren't chavs.
    1)Ok first of, what the **** do you think a chav is? "Chav" is a derogatory stereotype. Nothing more. Chav IS a steriotype. So yes, Obviously its steriotyping, if you dont steriotype chavs dont exist, since all chav is is a steriotype?

2) Im not sure id assoiated chains with the chav stereotype, but regardless there association doesn't change depending on whether you think it looks cool or not.

3) loosening there virginity at an early age and teenage pregnancy are part of the chav stereotype, The stereotype is a set of conventions which mean anyone whom meets enough of them, then classes as the steriotype, in this case a chav, you may be a chav, you may not be. I dont know, ive never met you. For filling one convention doesn't necessarily mean you fit the full stereotype though.

4) As above, its part of the chav steriotype, but its not the whole of it, you can have a chav who doesnt smoke (theoerticaly) and a smoker whos not a chav. The stereotype is unaffected.

And they don't swear and spit at people unless they say anything to em, an even then they don't spit they just stand up for themselves. Don't see why everyone seems to stereotype them so much its ***** ridiculus.
    1) whats rediculus is how stupid youd have to be to not realise that "chav" IS a stereotype.
    2) If there not massively anti-social there NOT chavs. Its an essential part of the stereotype.
    A chav, does spit, does swear and do "start" on people for no reason. If they didnt, they wouldn't be chavs.

If i wanted to stereotype Emos I would say

-Get great pleasure over stabbing self
    -Listen to awful music
    -Wear awful clothes
    -Get buzzes off pain and dead people
    Emo is also a stereotype, although you've confused it with goth by the looks of it, aka the association with the ocult, pain and death.

The emo steriotype is more around the rich, well off people, whom act as if there really hard done by one over react to things, Wrist slitting, terrible cloths, and emo styled music are what comprise much of the steriotype yes. whether the cloths and music is awful or not is really a matter of opinion.

But if emos choose to live the way they do i'll let them live that way...
    And... because someone fits a stereotype, there only emos because you stereotype them as emos remember, whats the difference here. Saying what the conventions of the emo stereotype is, is no different from doing the same thing to the chav one?

you've obviously never spoken a word to anyone REMOTELY chavvy otherwise you'd understand that most of them are genuinely nice people who just like to stand up for themselves and like to drink n go out n stuff! Live and let live
    No, youve obviously never met a chav, more likely just a bunch of the even sadder bunch of people, id class as "scene" "posers" or whatever. Basically there the real sad acts with no identity of will of the own, who then pretend to be members of another stereotype, chav or emo maybe, to avoid haveing to be themselves. Hence why they fail to forfil the stereotype conventions and instead only claim to be part of the stereotype.

Oh my! I just read that and that is ridiculous! I go out on Fridays but only because my bf does wi all his mates so I go 2... but tbh where would you rather be? at home flicking around on msn or out with your mates having fun?
    Having fun, like most people, although friday is stereotypically the main night the chavs go out, although to be fair, its the main night most people go out, being the start of the weekend an all.