HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 22andy223 View Post
    With the way modern technology is working you never know what they might have. They could be much smarter than the human mind and also gain intelligence from us its something we really should think about. Since we may be alive (if 2012 dnt happen lol) when it all takes place.
    May I ask you how robots can be much smarter than the human mind and gain intelligence from us? Whatever happens, robots are man made machines and they were created by humans. How can they be smarter than us? Obviously, they are non-living things and they can't speak, think or differentiate what's right and what's wrong unless we humans made them to.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Gibs960

Latest Awards:

Okay so robots are used for jobs that are possibly deemed too difficult for humans to do, is that a bad thing? Or perhaps it's not profitable to employ humans. People are so scared about stuff that's gonna happen in the future, they're movies, they are fictional. Anyway I hope there is like a minor robot over-throw cos I wanna shoot some robot ass!

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gibs960 View Post
    Okay so robots are used for jobs that are possibly deemed too difficult for humans to do, is that a bad thing? Or perhaps it's not profitable to employ humans. People are so scared about stuff that's gonna happen in the future, they're movies, they are fictional. Anyway I hope there is like a minor robot over-throw cos I wanna shoot some robot ass!
    You'll die not kick ass

Anyway when robots have a slight "take over" in the retail industry, there will be an increase in unemployment but over the years it will most likely decrease as the demand for those to R&D in future technology and technicians will increase so the world will balance. Robots could eventually become used as weapons I guess (by robots in this scenario I mean man-like machines) which could be catastrophic but very unlikely they will replace humans in war anytime soon. In my opinion, they can only be as smart as the person who made them (can't remember who I heard that from, but it made sense).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andii

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor15 View Post
    May I ask you how robots can be much smarter than the human mind and gain intelligence from us? Whatever happens, robots are man made machines and they were created by humans. How can they be smarter than us? Obviously, they are non-living things and they can't speak, think or differentiate what's right and what's wrong unless we humans made them to.
    Well with recent technology who knows what may happen. Man may be able to create robots to speak in any language and also may also create them with the thirst for knowledge which can allow them to learn many different things. And they can be smarter than us if created by some of the most brilliant minds on the planet. One robot could contain the knowledge from all of them wereas a human mind is only one. They may not be able to have feelings like us but that still doesnt mean they cant be smarter

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well with recent technology who knows what may happen. Man may be able to create robots to speak in any language and also may also create them with the thirst for knowledge which can allow them to learn many different things. And they can be smarter than us if created by some of the most brilliant minds on the planet. One robot could contain the knowledge from all of them wereas a human mind is only one. They may not be able to have feelings like us but that still doesnt mean they cant be smarter
    Yes. I admit that man may be able to create highly advanced robots. That doesn't mean they are living things. They still cannot think for themselves or protect themselves unless humans programmed them to. We are not God. We don't have the power to create another living thing(robots) from non-living things(stuff to make a robot). How can they have the thirst for knowledge? I don't see the point of having a robot that will come to you and ask questions. Robots were created to help our lives, not to make us feel irritated by making them to come to us and ask questions. Even if they is a robot that is 'thirsty for knowledge', we are the ones who made them like this. We create them by programming them. However, they are not likely to ask every single thing because they are thirsty for knowledge. If you get what I mean, I'm saying that humans control them. What do you mean by 'most brilliant minds on the planet'? Osama bin Laden WAS one of them and I don't see him creating something as such. To sum it up, even the most brilliant minds on the planet cannot create something like what you just said.

---------- Post added 12-06-2011 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gibs960 View Post
    Okay so robots are used for jobs that are possibly deemed too difficult for humans to do, is that a bad thing?
    I don't understand why are you even saying that. Japan created robots to take care of the elderly people. Is taking care of the elderly people TOO DIFFICULT for humans to do? I don't think so. Therefore, it is a bad thing and we should be worried about it. The more advanced robots can be, the more ******ed humans will be.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If robots feel no emotions, they don't have a thirst for knowledge, simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andii

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    If robots feel no emotions, they don't have a thirst for knowledge, simple.
    not really they may be programmed for a thirst for knowledge.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

not really they may be programmed for a thirst for knowledge.
    Artifical intelligence is just that, artificial, it can sense things and learn from mistakes, but it can't apply them to different situations like humans can, it doesn't sound like a big thing, but it's what gets us through life. Being able to apply rules and theories we've learnt to different situations according to our intuition is part of living.
    e-rebel forum moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andii

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
    Artifical intelligence is just that, artificial, it can sense things and learn from mistakes, but it can't apply them to different situations like humans can, it doesn't sound like a big thing, but it's what gets us through life. Being able to apply rules and theories we've learnt to different situations according to our intuition is part of living.
    but what you seem to not understand is that its the future. Not now. nowadays yes those apply but in the future no one knows what will happen and how they will develop. artifical intelligence may go beyond artificial and become its own living organism which may be infact the smartest race on the planet. who knows what will happen but they may be created and bread as its own kind

Tokens

Latest Awards:

but what you seem to not understand is that its the future. Not now. nowadays yes those apply but in the future no one knows what will happen and how they will develop. artifical intelligence may go beyond artificial and become its own living organism which may be infact the smartest race on the planet. who knows what will happen but they may be created and bread as its own kind
    It's been said computers will be smarter than the entire human race together in less than 60 years time if nano tech continues at the rate it's developing at the moment, but the thing is, they can't physically develop emotions, how can silicon, which is an element humans extract, physically develop emotions? It can't, software may well be able to learn to do this, but we can't physically make them feel anything, we feel things through chemicals released in our bodies, how would a computer do that?
    e-rebel forum moderator

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast