HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debates Leader

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

it's not just habboxforum where people are too afraid to say their opinion that is different from everyone else's... I don't think that's something I can change, you can only do it for yourself!! I always notice (not just in debates) but there can be a thread where everyone agrees, then someone disagrees and that opens the 'debate/argument' up for everyone else who disagrees but didnt want to say so! it's the whole silent majority/outspoken minority etc. but yeah I'm at a loss at what to do because the debate forum/current affairs has the stereotype of being politically heated but unfortunately many debates ARE political!

but yeah I'll have a think of what I can do/post
    Last edited by buttons; 26-12-2015 at 07:31 PM.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    it's not just habboxforum where people are too afraid to say their opinion that is different from everyone else's... I don't think that's something I can change, you can only do it for yourself!! I always notice (not just in debates) but there can be a thread where everyone agrees, then someone disagrees and that opens the 'debate/argument' up for everyone else who disagrees but didnt want to say so! it's the whole silent majority/outspoken minority etc. but yeah I'm at a loss at what to do because the debate forum/current affairs has the stereotype of being politically heated but unfortunately many debates ARE political!

but yeah I'll have a think of what I can do/post
    I don't know, I'm a member of a few other forums and I post in the debates section of one of them. There are enough members in there for nothing to be too personal because you generally don't know enough about enough people But I know the rules there are much much stricter as well and moderators are active throughout most (if not all) threads so I guess people are more closely monitored as well.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

they always just turn into undertaker complaining about the eu and arguing with anyone who tries saying anything, even if they agree with him.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

dan hasn't been leader since July n there has been no debates on the eu since, current affairs n debates are diff things. dan uv ruined debates leader forever

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    dan hasn't been leader since July n there has been no debates on the eu since, current affairs n debates are diff things. dan uv ruined debates leader forever
    there's been no debates about it no, but he still finds a way to post about it

"should abortion be legal?" -> yes because ukip said so and nobody else can have an opinion or i will moan at you for voicing it

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

@buttons; the fact is a few of them like the guy below have an axe to grind with me personally and confuse what I post on a personal level in Current Affairs with the Official Debates. He's incapable of even realising I haven't been Debates Leader since the summer so there's really no point me even pointing out to him that the debates I did avoided traditional subjects like the EU, abortion and the death penalty.

The EU hasn't featured in many if any debates for ages because it isn't a popular topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    they always just turn into undertaker complaining about the eu and arguing with anyone who tries saying anything, even if they agree with him.
    This is why Debates Leader/debates in general has such a hard time because people like this guy complain when people debate them. As I think @Lewis; alluded to earlier, a lot of people - seemingly like Jam - don't like being challenged in debates. That's fine - but don't complain about it because that's kinda the point of debates.

I rarely ever -rep but you've just earnt one for trying to score personal points against me pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam
    there's been no debates about it no, but he still finds a way to post about it
    prove it.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-12-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @buttons; the fact is a few of them like the guy below have an axe to grind with me personally and confuse what I post on a personal level in Current Affairs with the Official Debates. He's incapable of even realising I haven't been Debates Leader since the summer so there's really no point me even pointing out to him that the debates I did avoided traditional subjects like the EU, abortion and the death penalty.

The EU hasn't featured in many if any debates for ages because it isn't a popular topic.

This is why Debates Leader/debates in general has such a hard time because people like this guy complain when people debate them. As I think @Lewis; alluded to earlier, a lot of people - seemingly like Jam - don't like being challenged in debates. That's fine - but don't complain about it because that's kinda the point of debates.

I rarely ever -rep but you've just earnt one for trying to score personal points against me pal.
    How can i be challenged if i don't even post? :S

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    How can i be challenged if i don't even post? :S
    How can I post about the EU/Ukip in abortion threads when I rarely post in Debate topics?

Oh wait yeah you made that up! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-12-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    How can I post about the EU in abortion threads when I rarely post in Debate topics?

Oh wait yeah you made that up!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Wow @Jam; has discovered that in nearly an entire decade on HabboxForum I have posted a few hundred times in Debates. Inspector Morse watch out!

No sweetheart you're not getting off the hook like that, go to the threads Jen has posted since the summer as Debates Leader and find where I have just brought the EU into it out of the blue. Back up your claims or shut up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast