HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTML5

Tokens
    Habbo
    triston220

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    Yet you are still using <b> in the PHP you posted recently... really up to date. Even if you're not wanting to put emphasis (<strong>) to a speech reader, <b> is so old and deprecated. You, as such the most amazing developer (I'm able to code anything in HTML5/CSS3), should know that the convention is to use strong or <span>with CSS to make something bold, and not <b>. (This isn't MySpace days).
    There are no plans to actually deprecate it though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaack! View Post
    See, however much I want this, my girlfriend uses my PC too much, and I would be killed.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    There are far cheaper programs to use for this kind of thing, I would not waste actual money on dreamweaver, maybe if I got it with photoshop or I got a really cheap student one but the w3schools tryit previews are going to provide just as much of a "quick test" system as dreamweaver. Also pressing ctrl-s, alt-tab and f5 is hardly difficult.
    Do you really think most people buy Dreamweaver? I started off with Dreamweaver and it's what really helped me go forward and learn. I then switched to Notepad++ but that doesnt change my love for Dreamweaver.

Stop trying to act like a pro and think about the beginners, the people that are starting to learn.
    Last edited by tyr0ne; 09-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :.justben.:

Latest Awards:

Ive become more confident in html and understanding some rules
    Loading Perfection....

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by tyr0ne View Post
    Stop trying to act like a pro and think about the beginners, the people that are starting to learn.
    The people that are starting to learn gain far more in editing without a WYSIWYG editor and seeing how their alterations to code affect how something appears rather than how their alterations to appearance affect the code.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's like saying the cup is half full vs. half empty. You alter the code it alters the appearance. You alter the appearance it alters to code. It's two ways of looking at it.

You're far from being a professional in this field, so you're not one that should be in the seat of judging someone or throwing titles/names out to people that use an IDE or WYSIWYG editor versus you.

You're still a beginner yourself, would you like me judging you? Because I could be quite judgmental like you and put you down fast kid.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally I'd say start from the bottom and work your way up, its not gonna take you long at all to master html & CSS. w3schools.com will cover pretty much everything you need, once you've done that have a play around with html5 but it wont be really needed for a few years.

As for an editor, Notepad will do to start as you wont be dealing with masses of code, after a while I'd suggest Notepad++ to make it a bit easier to manage your code, but its all about personal preference

So you're saying because I use Dreamweaver for quick things, that I'm an idiot with money to waste?
    Anyone who's will to spend their own money on Dreamweaver is in my opinion an idiot. Yeah it has its benefits but compared to the costs and alternatives you have it's simply a waste of money.

If you magically got it for free then that's a different story

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's like saying the cup is half full vs. half empty. You alter the code it alters the appearance. You alter the appearance it alters to code. It's two ways of looking at it.
    It's more like a maths question, you can look at the answer and know how to solve that one very specific question, or you can look at the question and work your way towards an answer which not only improves your proficiency in doing so but also improves your understanding of it and related processes.

You're far from being a professional in this field, so you're not one that should be in the seat of judging someone or throwing titles/names out to people that use an IDE or WYSIWYG editor versus you.
    I seriously don't think I need to be a professional to understand how people learn and I'd certainly question how professional you are considering you apparently work for a company which plagiarises design and content.

You're still a beginner yourself,
    So under your logic if you're not an expert you're a beginner?

would you like me judging you? Because I could be quite judgmental like you and put you down fast kid.
    Go ahead.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by :.justben.: View Post
    Ok hi guys im learning how to code i know a little bit of html but i was told html5 was a more efficent way of coding should i buy a book to study it if so which book and should i use dreamweaver instead?
    I learnt to code HTML the hard way, I paid someone to design me a site and code it. But when they delivered it, it was like 3 images put into div tags and then floating divs over the buttons. So I thought what the hell? I'll code it myself, cracked open Photoshop and notepad and set to it.

The bits I was unsure about I used Google to find me the answers. Maybe you could find a Free PSD on the net and code it?

Tokens

w3schools teaches bad code convention.
    tizag or mdn would be a good source for client-side development.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

HTML5 is just a buzz word for a set of standards, if you know HTML there's no need to "learn" HTML5. You'll also want to look into CSS and Javascript once you're done.

I learnt through setting projects for myself, Googling problems, asking people questions, looking at W3Schools and Tizag.

Off topic but useful, the great thing about dynamic languages such as PHP though is that once you know one, you pretty much know them all. I learnt Python at Uni and I just found I can actually code PHP once I've looked the syntax up for 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Recursion; 23-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast