HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Would a curfew be good for Britain?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a curfew would do good!

4 17.39%
  • No, it would not help!

19 82.61%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, as people who cause crime don't care about laws. That's why they cause the crime in the first place. If anything it would cause them to commit more for the label or "ardnut" and getting the police to chase them.

It's like the law that was brought out to stop people carrying knifes, however it doesn't stop the crime. It only stops people who carried a knife for work or bits and pieces like opening packets who are suffering. My granda used to carry a Swiss Army Knife everywhere, as he's a janitor. Now he can't because they brought out that stupid law.

Also, I take my dog walks at about 12 - 1am. As the streets are quiet and it's refreshing to have a bit of peace and quiet in a town which is normally filled with people. So if there was a curfew, then me and my dog would have to go walking during the day, which is just boring.
    Last edited by Awfy; 31-01-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no because i like going out late.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I'm often out at night wandering from house to house, and if I go clubbing then I leave the club about 4am so a curfew wouldn't be much good.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Catzsy

Latest Awards:

No i think a blanket curfew would be very bad. It would be the majority suffering for the minority who cause trouble. There is already electonic tag system and curfews for known trouble makers. Personally I would be wanting to know where the parents of the young hooligans are and perhaps put a curfew on them so they care about where their kids are and take responsibilty for them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i'm not sure about the uk, but it worked for singapore. we had a new law imposed about a year and half ago, stating that all minors below the age of 18 are not to be out in public after 11pm unless accompanied by a responsible adult. police are always on patrol and people in large gatherings will be questioned. those found below 16 will be brought to the police station and have their parents called up to bring them home.

this apparently worked, the number of teenage crimes have decreased since. of course, this does not apply to adults, and it might not neccessarily work if it was imposed in the uk.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

*Cough* The human righs act

Wouldn't happen
    Conductor of the Runaway Train of Militant Homosexuality

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ahhh the crushing of freedom, you can feeeeel it starting with just the thought of removing rights.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

no, a curfew wouldnt stop the likes of me and my mates from staying out all night.
    to be honest, its just another silly law to brake to me.
    nearly every weekend me and a few mates stay out all night and drink and whatnot, but we dont cause much trouble, at least not major things so more people will jus want to stay out more at night because its a law to be broken.
    sounds silly, but people like to brake laws for fun and something to do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    katie.pricejorda

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    i'm not sure about the uk, but it worked for singapore. we had a new law imposed about a year and half ago, stating that all minors below the age of 18 are not to be out in public after 11pm unless accompanied by a responsible adult. police are always on patrol and people in large gatherings will be questioned. those found below 16 will be brought to the police station and have their parents called up to bring them home.

this apparently worked, the number of teenage crimes have decreased since. of course, this does not apply to adults, and it might not neccessarily work if it was imposed in the uk.
    I'm guessing Singaporean Youth's were already pretty civilised as it's a well established country with extremely harsh punishment for crime's, and I think 11pm is a sensible time for a curfew, obviously we can't have Police everywhere, but I am for a 11pm curfew.

Tokens

if this law was imposed, what freedom would any teenager have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast