HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vs Old

Tokens

Latest Awards:

80s and 90s are definitely better, especially the ballads I also prefer older rap/hip hop (biggie/tupac/wu tang clan etc.) to recent stuff.

Tokens
    Habbo
    !x!dude!x!2

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chug! View Post
    PALOMA FAITH YES PLEASE.

Yep, I know right. Many songs now are written for money, not for meaning or emotion

Every song written has a level of autotune/pitch on, it's what all producers do. From knowledge and being into this myself, I know even the slightest bit is used; but obviously you're getting at a singer who really can't sing, who is making money out of auto tune - I understand!

yep yep yep yep!

A cheese room? How...original

Love indie. Love pop. Love rock. Love hip-hop. Tbh, all music is beautiful, except that of HEAVY screamo/metal/rap crap - Hey, it's just opinion!
    i sometimes wonder about the world

I will destroy Isis
    I got it from my daddy

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Anyone who claims that older music is better because it meant something and wasn't done for the money needs to sit down and think about their life choices. Every era of music has terrible writing and production involved, it's just with older music those tracks obviously haven't survived despite potentially having done well in their own time. It's like comparing a Shakespeare sonnet to a Carol Ann Duffy piece and then claiming that no-one has been a good writer since the 1500s
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chug! View Post
    Every song written has a level of autotune/pitch on, it's what all producers do. From knowledge and being into this myself, I know even the slightest bit is used; but obviously you're getting at a singer who really can't sing, who is making money out of auto tune - I understand!
    I don't think it's even slightly fair to say 'every song written' because that's just not the truth. Especially in classical cases, for example! Live singers can't really use that much autotune either, so they are the artists I respect and listen to. You can tell when somethings been over autotuned rather than just a little bit pitch altered (I have some experience in this field too) for the most part, and if you can hear the autotune on the voice that's just clearly not a good singer.

but yeah it's just ridiculous singers should be able to sing not rely on a producer who autotunes everything. If they wrote all their own songs and could barely sing them it would be a bit better in my mind, but a lot of the more popular tween singers these days are commissioned to be a face more than anything else

Tokens
    Habbo
    Chug!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    I don't think it's even slightly fair to say 'every song written' because that's just not the truth. Especially in classical cases, for example! Live singers can't really use that much autotune either, so they are the artists I respect and listen to. You can tell when somethings been over autotuned rather than just a little bit pitch altered (I have some experience in this field too) for the most part, and if you can hear the autotune on the voice that's just clearly not a good singer.

but yeah it's just ridiculous singers should be able to sing not rely on a producer who autotunes everything. If they wrote all their own songs and could barely sing them it would be a bit better in my mind, but a lot of the more popular tween singers these days are commissioned to be a face more than anything else

obviously I didn't mean Live, or classical, i was more on about Popular music; I apologise.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think there are great tracks that are old as well as new just have to find them, I feel that within genres that I like paticularly electronic, house there are styles that are making a return from the 90's same with hip hop there is that old school sounding stuff still being made (just look at Pro Era Crew).
    Do you ever feel like you want to go home?
    Lost in the crowd and you feel alone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

For my preferred tastes it is as good as it can be. Much more diverse than it used to be, whilst still leaving room for future bands to come and innovate. I think music as a whole is better, and it annoys me to no end that there are 15 year olds out there who dote upon **** bands like The Beatles when there are modern bands that deserve attention far more than them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

1990s is probably the BEST music, but 2010+ is the more listenable. 1990s is listenable but it's so old that it gets out of taste for a few hours

Tokens
    Habbo
    JACKTARD

Latest Awards:

For me it depends on where I am, who I'm with and what mood I'm in.

I think some people think older music is better because they grew up in that era which is understandable but younger people might think older stuff is better because only the really good ones make it through the years whereas all the mediocre stuff is forgotten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12